Chapter Eighteen

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

{Christy's Outfit}

{Christy's Outfit}

The next morning, after the formal gala yesterday evening, a shirtless Klaus, wearing a gray tank top, and lounge pants, is asleep in his bed, with the bedcover covering him.

Christy sits down at his bedside and gently brushes his hair with her hand. Klaus tiredly wakes up and looks at her, and smirks.

"Good morning, you must've drank a bit too much of champagne." Christy says.

"Maybe, I've had a bit few." Klaus says, and glances at a mug of coffee. "Did you really get me some coffee?"

"Yeah. And I also put some blood in it." Christy says, and shows her fiancé, Klaus, an empty blood bag. "So, now, you can sober yourself up."

Klaus tiredly sits up with the bedcover covering the lower half of his body. "Thanks."

"You're welcome." Christy says, and gets up, and slowly walks away from him. "And I'll see you around."

"Let me guess, the bookstore." Klaus says, dressing himself.

"You know me, I love fictional books, Klaus." Christy says.

"You and I haven't talked about it." Klaus says.

"Talked about what?" Christy asks him.

"We're engaged, and so, you're gonna move into my family home?" Klaus says.

"Yeah. Sure." Christy says, and notices Klaus's glum look. "You okay?"

Klaus sits down on his bed. "I once told Elijah that I would make it my cause that he would never know a moment of happiness."

"You didn't want Elijah or Rebekah to be happy because you didn't have it. You envied their happiness, and so, you did everything that you could to make Elijah's and Rebekah's happiness a living hell."

"Of course I did." Klaus says.

"Why are you talking about this?" Christy asks Klaus.

"Because I never thought that I would ever fall in love with someone. And someone would love me in return." Klaus says.

Christy walks up to Klaus and gently cups his face with her hands. "Don't do that. You love me, I love you. I'm happy. You're happy. You have happiness now, Klaus. And Elijah and Rebekah are happy for you. I love you."

"I love you too." Klaus says.

Klaus and Christy hugs each other. And gently pulls away from the hug. She kisses his forehead and looks at him.

"I'll see you around, okay?" Christy says.

Klaus gently nods. Christy playfully bops his nose with her index finger, which he playfully scrunches up his nose.