Chapter Thirteen

That late afternoon, opening the door to her apartment and closing it behind her, Christy glances at the coffee table and notices that her favorite book, Romeo and Juliet, is missing.

Figuring out who took it, Christy opens her apartment door and leaves back out of her apartment, closing the door behind her.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

In his nightly darkened bedroom, Klaus is asleep on his bed, sleeping off his drunk-ness. A kitchen knife is put to his throat.

"Go ahead, Christy." Klaus says, figuring out it's her as he slowly opens his eyes to look at her.

"Where's my book? I know you have it, so, where is it, Klaus?" Christy asks him.

"What makes you think I have it?" Klaus asks her, starting to smirk a bit.

"So, do you have it? I won't ask again, Klaus." Christy says to him.

Klaus smirks. "You won't do it, by the way, Romeo and Juliet is a young romantic tragedy book."

"Niklaus." Christy says to him, and gently presses the kitchen table against his throat, causing him a groan a bit.

"I can hear your heartbeat." Klaus says as the small veins protruded from under his eyes.

Klaus and Christy exchange intense, yet, affectionate looks at each other. With vamp-speed, Klaus gently lays Christy on his bed with her holding the knife against his throat.

"Do it." Klaus says, daring her to slit his throat with the knife. "What's stopping you?"

"You took my book, why?" Christy asks Klaus.

"How else am I gonna get your attention by coming here to my family home?" Klaus asks her. "But we both have something in common?"

"Really? What's that?" Christy asks him.

"We're both ancients." Klaus says, inches from her lips. "And I know you won't."

"Give me back my book, Klaus." Christy tells him.

"I don't do well with people telling me what to do." Klaus says.

"I know you're in love with me." Christy says, giving Klaus a soften look. "And if anyone is capable of Love, is capable of being saved."

Klaus looks at Christy with a soften look in his dark blue-green eyes. "Do it. I dare you."

In that moment, it became obvious to both Klaus and Christy that they're attractive to each other. The exchange small tender glances. The flirtation. That night they intimately hooked up. The thick connection between them.

Slowly taking the kitchen knife from her hand, and making her drop it on the nightstand, Klaus finally stops fighting his romantic affections and leans in and kisses Christy. And she kisses him back. Giving into their connection, they embrace in a passionate kiss.

Christy looks at Klaus as he sits up straight with her sitting in his lap, in a straddle position. They kiss again. Klaus and Christy gently pulls away from the affectionate kiss.

"I'm not frightened of you, Klaus." Christy says, and gently cups his face with her hands. "And whatever demons that you have, you and I will defeat them together. What do you say?"

Klaus smiles softly. "I say Absolutely Yes."

Klaus and Christy exchange smiles at each other and they kiss each other, affectionately and intimately as they make love.