Chapter One

LAFAYETTE CEMETERY

The wind howls over the cemetery. The wind slightly blows some leaves off the concrete ground.

Sophie Deveraux and Sabine Laurent are looking at an old rusty tomb.

"I've never seen a tomb like it before. Is it old?" says Sophie.

"Come on, Sophie." Sabine says. "No one has ever seen a tomb like the one we're looking at."

"We have to open it", Sophie says, curious to know what's inside the tomb.

"Are you crazy?" Sabine asked her, bewildered.

"Sabine." Sophie says, looking at her. "I wanna know what's inside of it."

"Suit yourself." Sabine says, folding her arms.

Sophie scoffs and puts her hand on the tomb. She starts to chant a spell and a little blood trickles from her nose.

Sophie stops her spell as she puts her fingertips on her nose, looking at her fingertips, seeing a little blood on them.

"Whoever is in here, their magic is blocking my spell." Sophie says to Sabine. "And their magic is strong."

"How strong?" Sabine asks her.

"Strong enough to make my nose bleed a little." Sophie tells her, showing Sabine her fingertips with the blood on them.

"We might as well just leave, Sophie." Sabine says.

"Sabine." Sophie says.

"Sophie, let's go." Sabine says to her.

Sophie sighs annoyingly as she and Sabine walks away from the tomb.

⚜️⚜️

ST. ANNE'S CHURCH

In the attic, Davina is asleep, slightly moving, sensing the magic from the tomb. She sits up straight and breathes heavily, getting up from her bed, walking to her canvas easel. She gets a pencil and starts to sketch a picture.

⚜️⚜️

Back at the Lafayette Cemetery...

The tomb's door magically opens. A dirt smudge female flat shoe slowly steps out of the tomb, along with the other.

⚜️⚜️

Davina is sketching the picture as Marcel walks slowly to her. "Davina? You okay?"

"Someone's coming, Marcel", Davina says as she's done sketching the picture. "And she's strong."

⚜️⚜️

A shoulder-length dirty blonde-haired woman steps out of the tomb, wearing a tan strap dress and with dirt smudge on her cheeks and chest.