Chapter Thirty-Four

Gerald's POV

It was nice to have the meeting with my parents' bogus apology completely finished. Josh clearly cared more about their opinion than I did, if his nervous fidgeting in the car ride home was a tell.

"How are you feeling?"

His leg was jittering and he kept picking at the skin by his fingernails. Josh beamed a smile at me. "Totally good."

I stared.

Hs smile faded. "Okay, fine, not so hot. I just keep thinking-- like, they totally hate me, obviously. The issue with that though is that I want to be with you long term, so it's not like I am going anywhere. Are they seriously going to hate me for--"

I rested a hand on his knee and his leg stilled. "They don't hate you; it's not personal. They hate that I'm gay."

Fuck, it still hurt.

Josh rested his hand on my knee as we pulled up to the apartment building. "I'm sure they'll come around. They love you a lot."

I couldn't deny that. Hell, half the time it felt like they were obsessed with me. "I guess so. I still need to meet your parents, by the way."

Josh unbuckled and we climbed out of the car. I held the door the building for him and he shot me a smile as he breezed past. "They'll like you. I've told them about you and everything, it's just that they've been away. You know, to be with Grandpa."

Josh didn't often talk about his grandfather, but I knew that he lived across the country and was currently declining in health. I figured now would be a good time to talk, if he wanted to open up about it, but we opened the door to a naked Ty being snuggled by both David and Paul.

"Are we interrupting?" I asked awkwardly.

Ty whined and threw a hand in our direction. "More, please."

That was little-sub-space speak for get over and snuggle. Which, of course, was something I wasn't opposed to. However, the other boy sitting on the couch gave me pause.

Paul Ribero was his name if I remembered correctly. Ty had been messaging the boy for a long time now, supposedly about little space things. Whenever I'd asked David about it, he got an odd light in his eyes because of the subject. I speculated that the adorable boy would become more than a little friend and Ty's present nudity lended itself to my assumption.

"Hey, Ty," Josh said with a little wave. I watched the built-up anxiety practically melt off of my boy at the sight of his best friend. "Have a good afternoon?"

"Cuddle." Ty's voice was reminiscent of a general giving his army a command. "Now."

David swatted Ty's ass, which caused mild struggling and a sexual noise of surprise. "Now, boy, enough of that. You need to be kinder."

Although Ty's oddly arousing position on the couch was distracting, I noticed Paul staring at me like I was an exotic animal at the zoo. I turned my attention towards him and tried my very best to not look like I'd just emerged from a verbal tennis match with my evil parents. "Hello, boy."

His eyes went wide and looked down at the couch. "Um. Hello. Sir."

Jesus.

I felt like myself, and possibly all Doms, had a more intense angel-on-one-shoulder, devil-on-the-other situation than most people. My little shoulder devil was preening at the immediate respect. The more sensible angel reminded me that Paul's instant reaction was probably not healthy.

I was an expert at letting my angel win out. "Paul, isn't it? We met briefly. You really do not need to call me that."

His shoulders curled in like he was trying to hide himself. "Oh, sorry."