Chapter Twenty-One

Josh's POV

Damn, Gerald made the smallest things sexy.

As a clumsy and relatively awkward person, I was always a tad jealous of the people who moved naturally with grace. That was Gerald-- he execute the smallest tasks with complete control over his movements.

Like right now, reclined on the couch with the phone to his ear. That shouldn't have been hot.

"Hmm, you don't say?" Gerald hummed over the line. "I believe I've heard the name before. He's older, isn't he?"

I wasn't sure who Gerald was talking to and what it was about. I was relishing in the after-glow of our sex and the comfort of knowing that we'd resolved our problems.

Although, things weren't perfect. There was a piece of me that desired slipping off the couch and onto the floor, so I could rest by his feet. I wanted to feel his hand in my hair and listen to him coo my name.

Well... why not?

I scooted myself onto the ground and let myself lean against his leg. I looked up at the sound of his sharp breath and caught his wide eyes. I smiled and his face softened. Like I'd imagined, his hand made its way to my hair and I settled in.

Much better.

I refocused onto the soft volume of the television and Gerald's voice.

"You're positive it's a safe environment?"

The call had come as a surprise to Gerald, so he wasn't sure the details either. It seemed like an interesting interaction, given how surprised Ger was.

"Okay, I'll check it out. I'll talk it over with everyone else."

Gerald said his goodbyes and hung up the phone. He looked down at me with a sparkle in his eyes. "What are you up to, sweet boy? You know it turns me on to see you on your knees."

I could help my flush and small smile. "I thought it would be more comfortable down here. I was right."

Gerald spread his legs enough for me to push myself between them. I looked up at him and he rested his hand on my cheek.

"Mm, well you can stay as long as you'd like," Gerald hummed. "That was Jason, by the way."

I tilted my head a little. Jason was my therapist so I often forgot that he was actually a Dom as well. "What was Jase saying?"

"He found a club we may like."

"A club!" The excitement jolted me out of my happy headspace. "I thought--"

After all that had gone wrong at the last outing we went to, I figured we'd never go to another kinky club again. I figured that wasn't good to mention to Gerald, though. We'd come too far to bring up his previous gatekeeping of kinky culture.

"I know the other one was shitty," Gerald sighed. He leaned back and looked down at me with a sweet expression-- one with warmth in his eyes and a tilt to his smile. "You had an especially bad time. This one will be much better, from the sounds of it."

I couldn't stop my own beaming smile. "I'm so happy. I really want to get to know more people in the community."

I leaned into his touch and let the warmth of his smile wash over me. "I want that too," Ger said, running his fingers through my hair. I let myself slowly sink back into my submissive bliss. "Especially if we're going to shift the nature of our relationship. I want you to be able to hear from, other subs and learn about their dynamics. Maybe you'll find things you want to try, or things that..."