Chapter Five

Ty's POV

"I think we can all admit that the kink club was a bad idea."

We were back at home, still reeling from the events of the club. Josh insisted he was okay, but I doubt he was. Gerald kept glued to his side, petting his hair and giving him kisses all over. I could tell Dad— David was trying to process the whole thing. He was deep in thought; brows furrowed, mouth tilted downward, and eyes glued on the black TV.

I was probably the only one who heard Gerald's words. "Yeah, the club sucks," I told him. Which was a little embarrassing, considering it had been my idea. "But the idea was on point."

I jabbed my finger at the lump of hotties that was Gerald and Josh. And I threw off my balance a little, despite only taking a few shots an hour ago. How much of a lightweight was I? I probably was a disgrace to my Irish ancestors.

As always, the serenity and angel-like qualities of my voice brought David from his deep concentration. He looked up at me. "Huh?"

"Joshie and I wanted to see the club to see your kinky domly sides," I announced with triumph. "That was smart."

Gerald pulled away from Josh and gave him a curious glance. "That true? You see that side often enough, right?"

Josh was so cute with his cheeks red. "Well... sort of. But Ty is right. There's a lot I'm unfamiliar with."

"Master Gerald," I said, making sure to draw out the words enough to imply he was in trouble. "I bet a million bucks you still hold back from Josh because of douche."

Douche was code word for "Royce." The guy was Josh's ex and a total psychopath. We were lucky that he hadn't made an appearance in a long while.

After a moment of silence, I blinked a realized that Gerald was gaping at me, open-mouthed. And so was Josh for that matter.

David sighed. "I thought we had a rule against insensitive comments."

Right, I was allowed one warning. Which meant now was the time to start behaving. I pointed at him. "Whoa. What made that comment insensitive?"

"It's okay, David," Gerald grumbled. He always looked so handsome with his stern face on. It reminded me of one time when I got to watch him spank Josh as a reward. He looked focused. "He's probably right. Josh, we should've had a conversation."

Those kinds of comments always freaked Josh out. He looked at Gerald with wide honey-brown eyes and raised eyebrows. "I... well, it wasn't— I'm sorry. I didn't notice... I mean, it wasn't a big deal."

Silly Josh, always thinking that people will throw him out at the first sign of confrontation. Not that a conversation was confrontation at all. At least, with Gerald and Josh it probably wasn't.

Gerald rested a hand on his shoulder. "Why be sorry? Want to have that conversation now? We can shower and settle in bed, then we can talk about everything that's been on your mind."

Josh looked at Gerald like the man had hung the moon. I had a critical eye on that kind of thing. Gerald was Gerald and nothing like Royce, so I wasn't afraid of a repeat of history. But I was afraid of a repeat of Josh's behavior.

"You mean it?"

"Of course. Guys, we'll catch up with you in the morning." Gerald wrapped a blanket around Josh's shoulders, then guided him up off the couch like he was a prince.

I waved. "Sweet dreams."

David peeled his laser gaze away from our television. He held his arms out to Gerald. "Kisses."