Chapter Fifteen

Josh's POV

Watching porn probably wasn't a healthy response to fighting in a relationship, but it was the only thing I could think of that would help me verbalize my irritations.

"Yes-- that's exactly what I want," I muttered to myself as the big, stereotypically masculine man forced the woman he was with to lick his feet. "Okay, maybe not exactly like that, with the woman and the feet part, but the vibes are right."

This wasn't even arousing. It was just clarifying.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts.

"Ger?"

"Uh-- it's actually David."

Ooh, that was fine. Maybe I could get his advice. "Okay, c'mon in."

David cracked the door open and peeked in. He had dressed out of his work clothes and into pajamas, which was adorable. He was the type of man who liked to swim in checkered pajama pants and a big t-shirt. "I don't want to interrupt if you're deep in thought."

"You can come in." I gestured him inside and he smiled. Gosh, what a nice smile. David always smiled like he was trying to brighten the entire room.

His smile dropped when he saw my phone. "Is that straight?"

I liked that that was his concern. "Yes, but there's more straight BDSM stuff than there is gay BDSM stuff. It's really more for the BDSM. I'm not even turned on, see."

David's lashed fluttered when I gestured blatantly at my unaroused, clothed crotch. "I'm glad his idiocy didn't turn you straight. Can I come sit?"

I patted the bed. "No Ty?"

"I figured I could help you out in a way that Ty can't, which is by giving you the perspective of a Dom." David settled in next to me and I leaned against him. "Gerald didn't stick around to explain his position, huh?"

"I mean, I guess I get it. He stayed long enough to tell me he doesn't trust me."

David nodded. "That was probably harsh, but I see what he's saying."

Truth be told, I saw his position too. Although I didn't like it, there was no helping if Gerald just straight up didn't trust me. I didn't feel like I lied to him, but maybe there were times were I underplayed situations to avoid making waves.

"I don't lie to him," I grumbled. There was a tiny part of me that was ashamed and didn't want David to think worse of me. Especially after last night. I wasn't sure what it was, but something was different today. There was an electric type of energy between us.

David's arm settled around me and he twisted so we were facing each other. "No, you don't lie. When Gerald says he doesn't trust you, I don't think that's what he means."

"He doesn't trust me to be honest during sex. I get it. It's just that I wished he would realize that I wouldn't lie, not to him."  I was almost positive that I wouldn't. I hadn't felt comfortable enough to speak my mind with Royce, but I always felt comfortable with Gerald.

"It's because Josh is a Gemini," Ty said, leaning against the doorframe. "He's like indecisive and a people pleaser sometimes."

"Ty, unhelpful," David scolded. "Why are you here? Wasn't I supposed to do the talking?"

"Yeah, but it's not like what I said is wrong."

I got the sense that David was going Dom-mode to Ty on my behalf, so I told him, "It's fine if Ty stays. He's blunt but that's what works for me."