Don't Cry ~ KyoHaba

"...SO JUST STOP! NO ONE CARES, NO ONE WANTS TO DEAL WITH YOUR BULLSHIT, SO JUST. SHUT. UP!"

Kyotani stood in place, eyes widening.  He tossed the volleyball he was holding across the room and briskly walked out of the gym.

"HAJIME IWAIZUMI."

"WHAT?"

"YOU NEED TO CALM THE HELL DOWN. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?"

"BECAU-"

Yahaba clenched his fists.

"SHUT UP YOU TWO," he screamed. He threw a volleyball at the wall and dashed out the door, following Kyotani.  Oikawa and Iwaizumi shut their mouths and the team watched as Yahaba ran out the door.

Kyotani stood outside  the gym, bewildered. He knew he was a jerk, and he knew he was getting on everyone's nerves, but he didn't know it was that bad. Even Iwaizumi was pissed, angry enough to yell at him as if he was a misbehaved puppy.  He felt his eyes sting a bit, but he ignored it and sat against the school wall.

Kyotani began plucking grass, cursing himself.  He heard faint footsteps, and the blonde looked up.  Yahaba ran up to him, and flopped on the grass, panting. 

"Hey."

Kyotani huffed and looked away.

"That wasn't cool of Iwaizumi-san."

No response.

"I'm sorry they said that."

"Shigeru-"

Kyotani turned his head to look at the latter.  

"I-it's okay. I'm fine."

"No. You're not," Yahaba sighed. 

"You don't have to act so toughly, this isn't the first time they've done this."

Yahaba traced his fingers across Kyotani's cheek and smiled.  He knew Kyotani wasn't trying to be a jerk, and he truly wasn't as terrible as people made him out to be.  His face softened as he noticed tears forming in the other's eyes. 

"Hey, don't cry," he soothed, pulling Kyotani into his chest. That triggered it.

Kyotani began to sob into Yahaba's chest, the brunette feeling his shirt dampen. Yahaba rubbed Kyotani's back hushing him. A few moments later, Oikawa walked around the corner, dragging Iwaizumi by the arm. 

The pair of third years stopped right before they were in the other's field of view. 

"You're going to go up to him and apologize," Oikawa snarled.

"But-"

"No buts. Go. Now," Oikawa said, pointing at the boys sitting in the grass.

Iwaizumi frowned and approached the two, stopping right in front of them.  Yahaba stiffened a bit and turned his head, glaring as made eye contact with the older.

"Did you need something?"

"I- I'm sorry Kyotani, I didn't mean to yell at you like that."

Yahaba looked down at Kyotani, who was still clinging to him.

"Shoo. Let him cool off then apologize later."

"Mhm, okay," Iwaizumi said before rushing back to Oikawa, who still looked pissed.

Yahaba turned back to Kyotani and kissed the top of his head. 

"It's okay. You're okay."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.