Daycare ~ SakuAtsu

Side Note: During Timeskip

       "It'll be fun I promise."

      "No."

      "Well to bad."

      "WAIT-"

.

.

.

.

.

     It was 3 PM, and Sakusa and Atsumu were sitting in a daycare. There were about 14 kids running around, all different ages.  Sakusa was a bit uneasy about the situation, and therefore was sitting in the corner, with gloves and a mask.  He was watching some older kids color, while having small conversations with them. 

     Sakusa turned his head to see Atsumu holding a small baby on his hip, while also holding toddler's hand. He was talking to the young girl, and she was smiling and laughing. Sakusa blushed.  It warmed his heart to see him acting so gently.  He hadn't known that the other was so good with kids, especially younger ones.  Sakusa watched as Atsumu lightly placed the baby in a small crib, and was dragged away by a small group of toddlers. 

      Sakusa's trance was broken by a small tap on his arm.

      "Mr. Sakusa?"

      He turned and looked down at the kid. Well, kids. There were twins sitting beside him, a girl and a boy.  He smiled.

      "Yes?"

      "We drew this for you," the young boy smiled, handing him the picture.

      Sakusa gently took it and he smiled. It was an attempted portrait. Even though it was terrible, he still though it was adorable, and promised himself that he would put it on the fridge later. 

      "Thank you kiddos."

      "You're welcome!" they chorused and turned back to start new drawings. 

      Sakusa folded up the paper and put it in his pocket.  He turned his head a bit, and out of the corner of his eye he noticed Atsumu, swarmed by children.  

      He stood up and walked over to see what he was going on. He stood over the faux blonde and burst out into laughter.  The younger kids had put make-up all over his face and styled his hair with ponytail holders and butterfly clips.  Atsumu looked up and smiled.

      "Hey Omi," he laughed.

      "Hi~" Sakusa teased.

      Atsumu rolled his eyes and smiled.  

     "Don't I look beautiful?"

     "Absolutely stunning."

     Atsumu gave his focus to the toddlers who wanted his attention back. The latter walked back to the table, where the kids were drawing. The kids spoke to him telling him about themselves. Sakusa listened intently, giving exaggerated reactions.  Suddenly, he heard a baby's cry. His head shot up, alert, however, Atsumu was already on it.  He scooped the little baby up and started lightly bouncing it, softly hushing it.  The raven smiled and went back to the others. Then, it hit him.

     He cared about the kids. 

     He genuinely cared about a CHILD. 

     A filthy, gross, and unsanitary child. 

     Once he heard the baby cry, he was ready to go and help, however, he was beat to it.  He had WANTED to help a BABY. A BABY. Sakusa's brain was short-circuiting.  Atsumu saw the look on Sakusa's face and quietly laughed. 

      "Still hate kids?" he whispered. 

      Sakusa grinned. 

      "Still a bit gross," he responded, rather loudly.

      "SHH," Atsumu shushed sternly but gently. Sakusa lowered his voice.

      "Still pretty unsanitary."

      "They're young! They'll learn eventually," he smiled fondly at the kids running around the place. 

      "You know, you'd make a great dad," Sakusa said tenderly.

      A light blush appeared on the shorter's face. 

      "I love children, and kids are something I do want later on. Not now though, I'd like to play volleyball for a bit longer before I settle a bit," he smiled. 

      Sakusa shared the smile. 

      "Why are we talking about this again?"

      "I don't know ba- Oh hello there!" Atsumu's sentence was cut off by a young boy who was poking his leg. 

      "Hey Tsumu-baby," Sakusa whispered.

      "Yes love?"

      Sakusa blushed. 

      "No, the baby in your arms."

      "Oh-"Atsumu responded. He gently handed the baby to Sakusa, and followed the other toddler. 

      "Wait I-"

        He cringed, the baby was asleep. Babies drooled when they slept. However, when Sakusa looked down, there wasn't any in spit in sight. His eyes widened a bit, and then his face softened.  He carried the baby back to the crib, and gently placed the sleeping boy in the bed. He placed his hands on the rim of the crib and smiled, looking down at the calmed child.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.