Rats ~ SemiShira

Semi was terrified of rats. Genuinely terrified. They were disgusting, ugly, filthy little creatures, and he couldn't stand them. When he was younger, he had attempted to pick up a rat that he had found outside. It bit him. Semi had ended up extremely sick and was in the hospital for weeks, preventing him from enjoying his summer.

It was Wednesday afternoon, and Ushijima had called for an extra afternoon practice. Everyone was tired, however, they couldn't say no and so the tired team hauled themselves into the gym.

"Hello everyone. I apologize for calling everyone in, but we have a tournament approaching and I think we could go with the extra practice," Ushijima said.

Some of the team groaned and the rest went to go grab the volleyballs.

"I just wanna go back to the dorms," Shirabu sighed.

"Well, it's supposed to be a shorter practice, so we'll be out in an hour," Semi said, patting the younger on the back.

"Hey-"

Tendou walked up behind Semi and placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Move your ass Semi."

Semi flinched, startled, and rolled his eyes at the redhead.

"Yeah yeah."

.

.

.

The team ran through practice without any interruptions, until they were nearing the end of practice. Goshiki turned as he noticed the water bottles tumbling over. He had a baffled look on his face, as this was unusual. He dropped the ball in his hands and walked over to the area where the bottles were placed.

The first year's eyes dilated as he noticed a small rodent sprinting circles around the bottles. He let out a small yelp and ran over to Ushijima and Tendou who were currently talking to the coach.

"I *pant* there's a *pant* rat-"Goshiki stammered.

"There's a rat?" Tendou coughed out.

"We'll find a way to catch it, give us a bit," Coach Washijō said.

Ushijima looked alarmed.

"What about Semi? He's terrified of rodents," he added.

Tendou blinked.

"Oh, that's right. We'll just make sure that he doesn't hear about it."

"That's stupid Satori. Of course he's going to figure it out. He's not that dense."

Unfortunately, Ushijima was correct. Semi was going to notice the rat, who was too clearly running laps around the gym. He shrieked and threw a volleyball at the little gremlin, and ran over to Shirabu.

"THERE'S A RAT-" Semi screamed-cried.

"Holy shit- Eita- are you okay?"

"No! Ther-res a fucking r-rat running ar-round," Semi stuttered, clinging to the shorter's arm.

"Hey, it's okay, they'll get it soon. It's not near you right now either," Shirabu coaxed.

"YOU'VE JINXED IT SHIRABU!" Hayato shouted.

"YOU'RE NOT HELPING!" Shirabu yelled back.

Shirabu wrapped his arms around Semi as he felt the taller begin to shake.

"Hey, hey. It's okay."

He did jinx it. A few moments later, the rat who had been keeping its distance, ran towards the two males. Shirabu braced himself. Semi screamed and jumped onto Shirabu, who managed to catch him.

"Jeez you're heavy," the second year laughed.

Semi had a tight grip on Shirabu's shoulder, helping to keep him up.

Tendou ran up to his teammates and paused.

"I-well um," he started.

"The rat is gone... You can let go Semi..."

Semi let go and so did Shirabu. Semi let out a few long breaths.

"Oh thank god."

"Yeah-" Shirabu said, red in the face.

"Oh?" Tendou let out a suspicious laugh.

Semi promptly stood up and thanked the younger, then leaned over to kiss his cheek. Shirabu stood, frozen in place, blush intensifying by the second.

Tendou laughed, and Ushijima waved a hand in front of Shirabu's face.

"Is, is he okay?" Ushijima asked.

"No, he's broken," Taichi commented.

Semi giggled and dashed away.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.