Chapter Twenty-Five

I look around and notice Isaac, Tristan, and Stevens here as well causing the happy feeling to disappear in an instance. How could have they known we are all ranking wolves. Unlike us, they cannot tell us apart by mere smell.

"You're alive...thank the Goddess..." His voice is on the verge of tears making my heartache.

"I was so worried. So worried. I thought I lost you." I try to maneuver closer to him. Each teeter is a little harder than the last. As soon as I finally make it over to him I put my head to his forehead calming him down instantly.

"Cassius. Cassius. Look at me." His eyes are filling with water causing mine to fill as well.

"I can't lose you, Pierce," he mumbles with tears spilling from his eyes.

"And you won't." My heart ached for stopping his pain, but there is nothing I can do. It makes me feel so useless.

"Your wound..."

"Never mind my wound. Goddess Cassius I worried about you since my eyes opened. Thank the Gods yours all right." I manage to press my lips to his forehead then his cheeks.

"I will find you. Or you will find m-"

He presses his lips to mine and all I can taste is the saltiness from the tears that trickled onto his face. As soon as I try to press deeper humans come out drawing me away from him.

"Another male? Not only are you beasts, you are blasphemous beasts as well!" Cassius struggles against Westerners grasp as they bring him back to the wall further away from the others.

"Well now, I will just have to separate the two of you now won't I?" He grabs my chin roughly in his hand before throwing it away from him.

Cecil continues to look from us and out into the horizon as if he does not see what's going on. "You are animals thoroughly in and out," the man goes on to admonish causing me to crunch down on my lip from saying anything.

"You were a supposed King! Why would you!- Ahhh... I see now." Cecil turns and looks at the human with some underlying scorn.

"You are what they call mates chosen by your pagan God, Avatea." He comes back and puts his fingers underneath my chin making me move my head away from him.

"If something were to... befall said person...I wonder what would happen?" He looks at Cassius' wide eyes causing me to shake my head.

"Sanuel." Cecil cuts in before his nails can sink deeper. "That would be something disastrous. Nothing but ill-will will follow you."

"I thought you relinquished your ties to that God, Cecil?"

"I have. However, the effects of that act has nothing to do with the Goddess. It's the bond..."

He flings my head away from him and grimaces. "You advised me well up until now, it is better if I do heed your word."

We watch him look around us with a gaze that could rival the sun. "Oh, no one wants to speak?" His eyes land on Isaac who just spits on the ground.

"You were once so talkative before. What could have happened hm? Cecil read me off their titles. I will send them to where I see fit."

I give Tristan a look and he slowly nods his head.

"Isaac Asellio, Alpha of the Eastern Territory. Tristan Giordano, Enforcer of the Eastern Territory, Cassius Castille, King of the North, Pierce Gr-...Pierce Fidenas, Beta of the Eastern Territory, and Stevens Arnheart Enforcer of the Northern Territories..."

"Well now, all the high ranking beasts in one spot. It's all thanks to you Cecil. This would have been nearly impossible without you." He gives him a slight nod before stepping away and allowing the human to take over once more.