040 : Kidnapper

Chapter 40Kidnapper

Chapter 40
Kidnapper

I clapped my hands the moment the emcee called Minho's name. He looked at me and smiled before walking towards the mini stage, occupying the space beside the emcee. The lights on stage made me see his face clearer and lighter. He's still the same ethereal creature that I'm head over heels with. I'm just so in love with every bit of him.

There were several flashing lights from every clicks of the cameras in front of the stage. There were also business and lifestyle journalists and news reporter that will ask him a few questions later. I remained my gaze on him and he took a quick glance over me before speaking.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen, guests and friends. I just want to give thanks for coming to my birthday party despite of our hectic schedules." Minho started.

I widened my eyes when I heard him say those words. This is his birthday party?! And I don't even know it until now? I don't even have a birthday present for him. I gulped and looked down in embarrassment.

He continued speaking in front but my mind went blank at the moment because I was too shocked to say the least. I felt so embarrassed that I was not aware of my own boyfriend's birthday — which is the simplest detail to know about the person you love. Ugh. I'm so frustrated at myself now.

My line of thoughts were interrupted when the chair beside me moved. I looked up and saw Jiyeon occupying the seat beside me. She wore the glittery silver mermaid dress that I made with Minho. She looked at me with a one brow raised almost looking like a villain in a Disney movie.

"So . . ." she started and looked at me from head to toe. "I didn't know that you could be this cheap that you'll choose to recycle a dress and wear it in a formal event." She let out a sarcastic laugh.

"I didn't recycle it. I made this dress only for me in the first place." I mumbled.

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "That's why I didn't like it when I first saw it done. It's so cheap and the fabric isn't even that good!"

"I respect that because everyone has different taste. Yours is a horrible one so it's understandable." I muttered, pursing my lips.

"Says the person who wears red only to get validation from a man." She rolled her eyes in disgust.

I smiled at her but in a sarcastic manner. "And the man that you're talking about is my boyfriend."

"You stole him from me in the first place. We were planning to go in a fixed marriage yet you came in the picture and ruined it all!" She raised her voice in annoyance.