034 : Arrest Me

Chapter 34Arrest Me

Chapter 34
Arrest Me

"You were the one who shot him."

I widened my eyes and let out a gasped upon hearing those words from him. Sean tilted his head and showed me a smug look and a grin. My hands started trembling and I can feel a piercing pain on my chest.

"S-sean . . ."

"You shot him. You ran away. You left him. You didn't even tell the police about what you did." Sean muttered, smiling at me.

I glanced away and immediately stood up. I turn around and was about to leaved when Sean said something again, making me froze on my spot.

"Minho killed your brother with that speeding car. He ran away and no justice was served for your brother. What about you, (Y/N)? Are you going to run away too?" He said.

I can hear the loud beating of my heart. My whole system was shivering and getting numb. I blinked a few times and a tear escaped from my eyes. I gathered myself together and heaved a deep sigh before walking out of the restaurant.

The words that Sean said to me repeatedly echoed inside my head. And at the same time, my legs were shaking and my hands were trembling. I can feel my conscience pressuring me as if the fear that I felt when I was in that situation is coming back to me. I swallowed the lump in my throat and quickly wiped the tears off of my face when I heard a message notification on my phone.

Ashley
Where are you?
Mr. Lee is asking

I gulped and typed a reply but I didn't send it because I was feeling anxious. After a few seconds, there was an incoming call. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I saw an unknown number. Nevertheless, I answered it.

"(Y/N). Where the hell are you?" I heard Minho's voice.

I put my palm on my mouth and kept quiet while he keep on asking me about my whereabouts. I quickly ended the call without saying anything. Maybe Ashley gave him my number. I keep on getting incoming calls from him so I turned my phone off and put it inside my pocket.

"Minho, I'm so sorry . . ." I whispered underneath my breath and bit my lower lip.

I walk lifelessly at the streets while staring at nothingness. Some people were even bumping on my shoulder because I was too slow to even react while in this state. My tears kept on falling down while my hands are currently trembling.

Several thoughts flooded inside my mind. Will my liberal life ends here? Is Minho going to get his revenge just like what Sean said? Did he really forgive me after what I've done to him? The things I did five years ago wounded him, both physically and emotionally. And Sean has a point, I'm not so sure if he's the same Minho that I met five years ago.

I stopped walking just then when I realized I'm in front of a police station. I fixed my gaze on the large sign in the building. If I go and confess what I did, it'll be over for me. In all honesty, I'm scared. But I think living outside with my conscience hunting me down is scarier.

I gulped and took a first step, making my way towards the police station. My knees were trembling and my whole system went numb. Especially, the moment I stood in front of the door. I gathered all my courage and opened the glass doors.

Several policemen turn their heads towards my direction. I didn't glance away or look down. I kept my gaze on them and slowly walk to their desk.

"Miss, is there something wrong? How may I help you?" One policeman asked. He stared intently at me and his eyes widened for I don't know reason.

Maybe I'm on their wanted list that's why he looked at me with widened eyes.

I lend my trembling hands in front of him which made him look at me with confusion. "Arrest me."

Several hours passed by.

I bit my lower lip and remained my gaze on the floor. My hands were currently handcuffed but they didn't put me behind bar, yet. They made me sit down on one of the chairs while questioning me. It's already dark outside and they're still not done with what they're doing.

One policeman tried to make me confess. I did tell him about the thing that happened five years ago. How I was kidnapped, held hostage, and shot Minho. Afterwards, I broke down crying while some female officer tried to console me.

They were all confused because I have no records on them. They kept on searching and checking some documents which contained similar cases to mine, but they said they never saw my name being involve in the said crime.

However, after a few moment, the officer found a kidnapping and hostage crime. I heard them talking to each other and I can't help but to eavesdrop.

"He just lend over Son Gino to the station. He had evidences proving that he kidnapped and held someone a hostage. He made it clear that he's going to take care of the rest. But, he never mentioned about a female involved." I heard one of them said.

That name was familiar. I blinked my eyes a few times the moment I realized that it's possible that it's the same Gino that I know. That thug who took me after the graduation in my senior year.

I felt my throat dry and my body trembling. I literally felt my whole body getting cold and my lips shaking. I glanced towards the desk and on it are my handbag, cellphone and everything that I have when I came here all confiscated.

I heaved a deep sigh before closing my eyes. I leaned my back and head on the wall behind me and arranged myself on the seat. The loudness of my heartbeat echoed inside my head while reminiscing everything. I fiddled my fingers and chewed on my lower lip because I feel cold right now.

However, we heard the door slammed open and all their heads turned towards the newcomer.

"Mr. Lee."

My breathing became heavy and unstable when I heard them said his name. I slowly lift my face and turn my head towards his direction. I saw Minho and behind him were two men dressed in black. They look like the same men who were in the warehouse where I was held hostage in.

I gasped and widened my eyes before looking away. But I heard his loud footsteps getting near to me as seconds passed by. I felt a warm feeling around my shoulders and back and realized that Minho put his coat on me. He must've noticed my cold state.

"Mr. Lee, she came in and reported hersel—" the officer didn't continue what he was wanting to day when Minho raised a hand as a signal that he already knows what happened.

I bit my lower lip and felt a sharp pain in my chest. How did he know and why is he here?

"I won't be filing any case towards Miss Lim. In fact, she's the real victim here." I heard Minho said. "I can provide information proving that she isn't supposed to be here and she will not be jailed even if she insist." He made his voice louder.

I looked at him with anxious eyes and saw him already staring at me with a serious expression. His eyebrows were furrowed and his jaw was slightly clenching. He was wearing a dress shirt and necktie while crossing his arms. I bit my lower lip and glanced away, looking down.

"Sir, what's your relationship with Miss Lim?"

"She's my girlfriend." Minho straight up answered. I looked at him but his expression didn't change a bit.

"And I need her hands uncuffed right now." He added, as if he can order the officers around. But much to my surprise, one officer immediately handcuffed me.

I held my own hands and hugged myself. I suddenly felt uncomfortable and embarrassed in front of them. What is Minho talking about? I'm sure I was the one who pulled the trigger and shot him.

Why is he saving me again?