029 : Rejection

Chapter 29Rejection

Chapter 29
Rejection

After weeks of not seeing Minho, nor checking his social media account, I finally pulled myself together that I'm almost halfway done with finishing the dress for Jiyeon. Ugh. I can't believe I'm making a dress, which was originally mine, for his girlfriend.

I had my hair tied up in a bun and my neck was nearly stiffing because I've spent hours of perfecting the details of the dress in the mannequin. I used our house's spare room to be my own space when designing and making clothing.

I glanced over the wall clock and it's almost seven in the evening. Just then I heard my stomach grumbling and felt my extreme hunger. I reached for my phone and opened it, seeing a message notification from Sean. I clicked it and read the message written. It was sent just a few minutes ago.

Sean
I'm at the Delicate restaurant
I'll be waiting for you

I gulped before typing something but immediately erased it. I don't want to send a text that I'll probably regret in the future.

I sighed and went back to my room to get ready. I wore a red dress, my favorite beret and applied red lipstick. All red. I just feel like wearing all red. Afterwards, I didn't bother to put on make up and just come my hair with my fingers before running out of the house.

I went out of the taxi and made my way towards the restaurant. My mind is full of anxious thoughts at this moment and I don't know the exact reason why. I heaved a deep breath before walking in. The restaurant lights were dim and the only sound that I was hearing are the soft chattering of the customers, the clanking of utensils, and the soft classical sound produced by a live band at the corner.

Not long after, I spotted Sean and I showed a smile before walking towards the table. He pulled the chair and let me sat on it. I thanked him for that.

"I think I'm too overdressed tonight." I mumbled, looking down in embarrassment. I heard him chuckled, making me look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"You're wonderful." He remarked.

I nodded my head and smiled shyly. I chewed on my lower lip before asking him something. "Sean . . . w-why did you—"

"I have something to tell you, in fact." He cut my words off. "We've known each other for five years now, (Y/N). I want to be more honest with you." He sighed loudly.

My heartbeat started increasing in pace while waiting for him to continue what he wants to say. He's not going to repeat the confession, right? But I have a strong feeling that our conversation tonight will be about something correlated with his feelings towards me.

"What is it?" I asked him.

Sean stared at me with sincere eyes. He suddenly reached for my hand and squeezed it gently. My gaze soon darted on our hands but with worry and feeling sorry.