023 : The Meeting

Chapter 23The Meeting

Chapter 23
The Meeting

I jumped in excitement when I realized today is going to be the contract signing with Ashley and my client. I checked myself in front of the mirror. My hair is down in it's usual wavy style. I put my hair to my right shoulder and put on my black velvet beret. My beret has a cat pendant which makes it extra cute. I wore my red turtleneck dress. I paired it with red lipstick and stilettos.

My wide smile slowly faded and I felt a piercing pain on my chest. I pout my lips a bit when I realized that my insecurities about my body continues. I thought wearing dresses like these that hide my scar will ease the negative feeling about myself. Of course, at some point it did. However, I miss the times when I can wear any clothes that I like. Those times when I'm not worrying about my scar yet.

I shrugged off the thought and grabbed my bag and folder. I smiled to myself before finally walking out of my room. This house still feels like home even though I'm the only one living in it. I always remember the memories I had with my brother in here. So, I don't feel lonely most of the times.

Ashley texted me the address and oh boy the building in front of me is tall and huge! I made my way inside and to the lobby. I asked the lady in front about where to find Ashley. She said that it's on the 18th floor. I immediately thanked her and went towards the elevator.

My heart felt like it's going to come out of my ribcage. I can feel my emotions getting overwhelm so I put my palm on the chest to calm myself down. I gripped tightly on my folder when I heard the sound of the elevator.

When I stepped out, I gasped in surprise when I saw Ashley. She sighed in relief and took a sip of her coffee first before speaking to me.

"I'm glad you're here!" She greeted. "This is not Shine Entertainment by the way. This is the company of the finest CEO in the whole world." She giggled as if she was fantasizing about a handsome guy.

"And we're doing the contract signing here. In that room." She pointed a door near us. "Come on!"

Ashley held my arm and dragged me along with her. I gulped and mentally motivated myself before stepping in the room. It was just a small room with a table in the center. A huge window on the walls that you can actually see the city lights at night from this view. There's also a mini sala in the corner. All in all, it seemed like a mini-meeting room.

I glanced towards Ashley who just sat on the chair near me. "Where is everyone?" I asked her.

"They're on their way, don't worry!" She replied and chuckled a bit. "Did you know that the CEO himself chose you to be the one who will design his and his girlfriend's attire for the event?"