FORTY SIX

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒕

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla drove back to Goat Island as fast as she could. They had already wasted time driving Luke to the marina, and she didn't want to be the reason why they sunk the Twinkie.

"I hate your dad," Kyla then spoke up since it was far too silent for her liking. In the past (which literally meant, like, a week ago), she would be comfortable sitting in silence with JJ. But now with all the unresolved tension, it make her uncomfortable.

"Yeah, well, he's something," JJ replied, looking over at her.

"That's one of way of putting it," she said, causing JJ to crack a small grin. "Hopefully he'll be out of your hair for a while now."

"Yeah...unless he decides to come back and fuck up my life even more," the blonde countered, shaking his head.

"You think he would?" Kyla asked, glancing over at him before looking back at the road.

JJ shrugged, running a hand through his hair. "I wouldn't put it past him. Especially 'cause I took his drugs. I only did it to protect him, though."

"I know," she replied softly, swallowing hard. She hoped that Luke stayed away for good. JJ deserved to finally have some peace from his father. She then sighed, thinking back to the bonfire. How long could she put off answering him?

Definitely not long enough.

"Look, about the bonfire..." she trailed off, not knowing how to word it. "I remember what you said."

JJ looked over at her. "I remember what I said, too," he revealed, causing her eyebrows to raise. "I just didn't know how to—"

"—how to bring it up, yeah," Kyla finished for him and he nodded, clearing his throat. "I wasn't really that drunk last night so..."

"Yeah, me either. I mean, maybe a little bit if I actually, uh, said that to you," he admitted, laughing awkwardly.

"Yeah," she said delicately. Why do things like this always have to be so awkward? she thought to herself. "Um, but I never, you know, said anything back because we had to help John B and..."

"Yeah, no, yeah, obviously," JJ said, shaking his head.

"So, like that's why I brought it up now," she told him, glancing at him once again. "I just don't really know how to talk about this. It's complicated."