SIXTY SIX

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒂𝒇𝒆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒂𝒇𝒆

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Barry scoffed as he looked down at the Cross of Santo Domingo, running his hand across it since it was the first time he'd seen it. Rafe and Tara had come up with the idea to pretend to ship the cross on the train, only to actually keep it for themselves since they didn't want Ward knowing about it. "This shit is straight out of the Pope's vault, brah."

"Well, makes sense as to why it's apparently Pope Heyward's family heirloom," Tara remarked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I'm gonna pretend I know who that is," Barry replied, not really taking the time to learn any of the Pogues' names by heart. "But you don't think we can get more for it as it is? I mean, this straight out of church, brah."

Rafe came over after drinking straight out of a bottle of alcohol, handing it to Barry. Barry looked down at it and shrugged, taking a sip, as Rafe grabbed a piece of sheet metal. "This is how we turn the cross into untraceable money," Rafe told him.

"Untraceable, huh?" Barry muttered, grabbing another piece of sheet metal to put over the cross.

Before he did so, Rafe reached down into the opening in the cross and found a key. He held it up, examining it. "You think that means anything?" Tara asked, hoping that there maybe was more gold and that key led to it.

Rafe slowly shook his head before he pocketed the key. "You know, I heard some crazy shit that happened last night," he told them.

"Is that right?" Barry spoke.

"You know the fake cross we put in there?"

"Yeah."

"It was stolen," Rafe admitted, which made Tara start to grin. Only one thing came to her mind: the Pogues. And they managed to trick their little asses.

"Does sound like them Pogues, don't it?" Barry pointed out.

"Oh, no doubt," Rafe said as he grabbed the bottle of alcohol again. "I mean, I'd pay half the value of this just to see the look on their faces when they opened the box."

"I'll bet you would," Barry said.

"I'd pay everything I'd have just to kill them," Tara added on to that, sending Rafe a frivolous smile. Rafe looked over at her, licking his lips but in a seductive away; more in a way that he had been thinking about something. Tara arched her brow at him, waiting for him to say something, but he didn't and looked away instead. Tara swallowed hard, her body tensing in puzzlement, yet also irritation.