FIFTEEN

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡
❝ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚, 𝒋𝒋 ❞

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The crew, without JJ, drove back to The Wreck to get a break and to just think. "Look, he'll come around, all right? It's...He's doing a JJ thing," John B told them after a moment, sitting down at the table next to Kyla and Sarah.

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara asked as she stared down at the table with an emotionless expression.

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," Pope said as he stared out the window, his arm placed high against the wall.

"I hope he doesn't. It isn't safe for him there," Kyla spoke up, licking her lips nervously.

"Wait. How do you know that?" Kiara asked her sister, finally looking up from the table.

Kyla glanced between all of them before let out a sigh. "Look, we didn't want to tell you last time, but—"

"Oh, my God, are two hooking up?" Kiara questioned with a horrified, and hurt, look on her face.

"What? No! Why would you even think that?" Kyla questioned, giving her sister an offended look. "No, I just stopped by his house to check on him after he had gotten released from jail, and...I just see him, with new cuts and bruises on his face, pointing a gun at his father, who was asleep on the couch. I was able to stop him from pulling the trigger, and that's how we got into the argument we mentioned before. Just without the extra information," she explained.

"Wait, what the hell? Why didn't you tell us?" Pope questioned, his eyes wide like everyone else's.

Kyla sighed again. "Because I knew he didn't want me to. And it also wasn't my place to, either," Kyla told them and Kiara looked down. "I'm sorry."

"No, you were doing the right thing," Kiara told her, not looking up. "If you told us, JJ probably wouldn't have forgiven you." Kyla nodded slowly at her sister's words.

John B then looked over at Sarah, who hadn't said anything the whole time. "You okay?" he asked her.

She nodded, blinking slowly. "Yeah. Are you?"

"I mean, I'm in one piece, so..." he trailed off, trying to lighten the mood. Sarah smiled at him for a moment, before it turned back into a frown.