FIFTY THREE

◜       ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘❝ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
❝ 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Nice work, John B," JJ said sarcastically. "You know these things lock from the outside, right?"

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ. I wasn't thinking that far ahead," John B told him in annoyance.

"Yeah, well, now we're stuck in here like rats!"

"It's hot," Kiara said, taking off her jacket.

"I'm this death cage!"

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping," Pope told him calmly.

"You don't have a whole lot of room to talk right now, Pope. You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?" JJ asked.

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing," Pope replied.

JJ let out a low laugh. "Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat. Remember that?"

"Oh, my God! Shut up. Shut up!" Kiara yelled at them, placing her leg in between the two before the argument got any further. "Pull it together."

Kyla sighed, shaking her head at them. "Thank you, Kie. I was wondering when they were gonna shut up," Kyla said, making JJ gape at her. She shook her head at him, looking away.

Their relationship just seemed to be hit or miss. One moment, he was jokingly flirting with her, which would cause her to blush and then the next moment, she was pissed off at him. And Kyla didn't know if it was because she wanted him so bad, or if he actually was just annoying. It was probably a mix of both. And so, that was why she was trying to remain as neutral with him as she possibly could, not purposely trying to make things flirty. But, that was kind of hard when JJ was the definition of the word flirt.

"Let's try to find a way out of here."

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?" JJ asked out of the blue a little while later.

"You go for the head," Pope answered tiredly.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge," JJ started, making the sisters glance at each other. "To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of pirate attacks."