FIFTY SIX

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗜𝗫
𝒑𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The Pogues had found an island to crash on for the time being since they didn't want to be on the ocean all night. The boys had pulled the lifeboat onto land while the girls watched solemnly. "Good job, guys!" Sarah called out once they were able to do it.

"Good job!" the three other girls shouted.

"Whoa," JJ breathed out, blinking rapidly.

"JJ, you all right there, buddy?" John B asked in concern.

"Yeah. Still a little dizzy," he answered nonchalantly.

"Maybe you should take a break," Kyla suggested with a tilted grin.

He shrugged and shook his head, silently assuring her that he was okay. "Okay, anybody know where we're at?" he asked.

"Deserted beach. Unknown island," Pope replied as he sat down.

"All right, I'll take that as a no. Plan A, huh, Pope? That went well," JJ said sardonically, running a hand through his hair.

"This is the lowest we can go," Pope spoke, shaking his head. "We literally have nothing else to lose. The cross, gone."

"The gold...gone," Sarah added with a frown.

"Seriously, if we had a nickel for every time we got beat up, I'd say we're at a dollar fifty," JJ guessed, leaning against the tree as he started to carve something into it.

"That's more than I got on me," Kiara commented.

"That somehow doesn't make me feel better," Sarah voiced.

"Yeah, you're right. But, I mean, we've..." John B shrugged. "We've had some good stuff happen, right?"

"Yeah, John B's right. It hasn't been all bad," Kyla agreed, returning to her positive nature. She was glad they were all alive.

"Name something," Pope said.

"Um...Oh, the boiler room," John B came up with and Cleo furrowed her brows. "What? If the boiler didn't explode, Kie and I wouldn't have gotten away from Rafe. We couldn't have gotten the Zodiac and gotten us out of here," he continued, pointing at the lifeboat.

"True," Kiara said with a shrug.

Cleo shook her head, "That wasn't luck. That thing was gonna blow the second I stopped feeding it."