SEVENTY TWO

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢❝ 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗪𝗢
❝ 𝒊 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 ❞

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

The sisters laid down on the beds that were provided for them in the cabin, bored to death. The only thing they could do was draw things with a sharpie, which is what Kiara did while Kyla just closed her eyes to try to rejuvenate herself.

"Kyla? Kiara?" a woman called out as they heard the door being unlocked, causing them to send each other a look. "Can you both come out here?"

"Do you think they're letting us out?" Kyla whispered to her sister as they made their way towards the door.

"I have no clue," Kiara replied back before they stepped out onto the porch, seeing a different woman from before.

"I'm sorry, guys, but at Kitty Hawk we feel you have the strength to hear all the news, including bad news," the woman began, making Kyla furrow her brows.

"What happened?" Kiara asked, her eyebrows raised.

"Well, your cousin was here a minute ago."

Kyla and Kiara sent each other a glance. "What cousin?" Kyla said since they had no idea who she could be talking about.

"A young man, blond," she told them and a lightbulb immediately went off in Kyla's head: JJ. "He asked me to tell you that Princess, well, she passed away."

"Like Meghan Markle? 'Cause..." Kiara trailed off and Kyla gave her a subtle nudge, but Kiara didn't seem to understand what was happening.

"No. Your Siamese mix, Princess," the woman clarified, sniffling from sadness.

Kyla blinked rapidly, trying to get herself to start fake crying. "Princess is...dead?" she questioned and the woman nodded, her lips poured.

"Oh," Kiara breathed out after a second, pretending to cry along with Kyla. "No, no, no. When?"

"Well, we for the news just after you both arrived. We thought you guys should know," the woman explained and the sisters nodded, keeping up the act. "Oh, come here," she then said, pulling the girls into a group hug. "It's okay, it's okay."