FORTY FIVE

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘
𝒅𝒂𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒇𝒕 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒐

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

"Ah, crap! The tide!" John B said once they saw that the previous path that they had drove on was now, pretty much, just water.

"Well, this doesn't look good," Pope pointed out the obvious.

"How deep is it?" Kiara asked.

"I dunno. The road's gone," John B said before he stopped the van from going any further.

"The tide rose faster a little faster than I thought it would," JJ remarked.

"Just a little bit."

"What are we supposed to do?" Kyla asked no one in particular.

JJ glanced at her before he looked back at John B. "Uh, John B, how high are the spark plugs?" JJ then questioned the teen.

"They're good. We're fine," John B replied, not answering the actual question.

"How high are they?" JJ and Pope asked at the same time, wanting to know the answer.

"Oh, um..." he trailed off before he looked out the window. "Uh, just above the taillight," he told them.

"Okay, so that's, what, three feet?" Pope guessed.

"That's three feet. Yeah," JJ confirmed and Kyla clicked her tongue.

"That water can't be three feet deep," Kiara argued.

"So, then what's the problem?" John B questioned.

"Not a problem. No, we're good. We're good. She'll make it," JJ assured, and the three girls shared the same, worried glance.

"Yeah. Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. Hold on to something. We're going into hyperdrive," John B told them and Kyla sucked in a breath, going back to gripping the cushions yet again.

"I'm gonna say a quick prayer," JJ muttered before he did the sign of the cross.

"Three, two, one," John B counted down before he pressed down on the accelerator, making the wheels turn quickly. They stayed in the same place for a few seconds before the van flew forward, making the water splash up all around them.

All of them began shouting different things like it was gonna make them go faster. But, it didn't seem to help because the Twinkie swerved and fell off the path. "Ah, shit!" Kiara yelled, her face scrunched up.