SIXTY THREE

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘❝ 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘
❝ 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 ❞

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

While stopped at one of the ports on the way to the OBX, Kiara had overheard Pope and Cleo talking about their failed relationships and how they would make a "No Love Club." She heard Cleo specifically talking about guy she used to be in love with, which crushed all of her hopes of the two of them ever getting together.

She immediately ran to her sister and started ranting to her about everything, feeling so pathetic that she had even thought she had a chance. Kyla quickly calmed her down, reminding her to not worry since there was plenty of other fish in the sea and they had bigger things to worry about.

But once they all — apart from Sarah, whom they dropped off at the Château since she wanted to see if John B made it back — stepped foot back in the dock in the Outer Banks, all of Kyla's worries washed away for just a quick moment.

She was back home. She was safe. Finally.

"Welcome to the Outer Banks, Cleo," Pope said as they walked along the dock.

"You're crazy, Pope. Your parents are not going to appreciate me shacking up," Cleo replied since Pope had offered her a place to stay at his house.

"Of course they will. Are you kidding? Heyward might put you to work, but we could always use the help," People shrugged.

"I don't know, man. You sure?" she asked.

Pope placed a hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, look, he might squawk a little bit, but let me talk to him. We'll figure it out," he assured her.

Kiara watched the little gesture and frowned a bit, causing Kyla to wrap her arm around her sister's shoulders and give her an encouraging squeeze since she saw the look on her face.

She also needed the reassurance herself when she realized they would be going by their house first, making all of her worries build back up again.

She wasn't sure how their parents would react to them being alive after being gone for a over a month. They'd either be thrilled or angry to the point where they would never let either of them out of the house again; it would probably be both.