FIFTY

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬
𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Rafe backed up the truck with the cross into the garage, Carla Limbrey waiting for them to take it out. Renfield then hopped out of the truck first, going to open the back of it.

Before Rafe could get out, Tara grabbed his wrist. "If they try to steal this cross away from us, we will not hesitate to kill them, all right?" Tara whispered to him, not wanting to get stabbed in the back even though she was the definition of a backstabber.

Rafe swallowed hard, licking his lips. "Yeah, n-no, yeah. We'll kill them," he answered with a nod, his eyes wide.

"Good." Tara then got out of the truck followed by Rafe, helping Renfield get the cross out of it as Limbrey watched them.

"I don't believe it," Limbrey whispered.

"I told you I'd get it for you, didn't I?" Renfield said to her with a smirk.

"You said you wouldn't, and...and you did."

"Before we do this, I just wanna remind you of the deal, okay?" Rafe said to them and Tara nodded, watching the two closely.

"You really are your father's son, aren't you?" Limbrey pointed out. "Talking about deals at a moment like this."

"I showed you the mural. We get our cut," Rafe continued, ignoring what she had said.

"The deal is as we discussed, Rafe," Limbrey assured him.

"It better be," Tara told her darkly.

"You'll get your cut."

Rafe then went over to the cross and took the cloth off of it, showcasing the golden glow of the cross. Tara stared at it from where she stood, trying to think of plans just in case they got screwed over.

Limbrey then limped over to it, running her hands over it's intricate designs. "So beautiful," she whispered. "Inside this cross is the shroud. And whoever touches the hem of the garment...shall be healed."

Tara and Rafe glanced at each other, their faces confused. There was no such thing as a healing garment, this wasn't Marvel or Harry Potter.

Limbrey then took a key out of her pocket and kissed it. "It's time for a miracle." She placed the key in the hole, trying to twist it.

"Here. Let me help you get it," Renfield offered, stepping forward.

"No!" Limbrey exclaimed, shoving him away. "It's meant for a Limbrey." Limbrey then tried again and this time the lock clicked, opening the compartment up.