EIGHT

◜       ◝

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔

◟       ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Kyla walked up to Tara at Midsummers, wearing a navy blue chiffon dress that went down to the ground. She was also wearing gold heels.

Tara was wearing a tight, long velvet colored dress with an open back accompanied with silver heels. "Well, don't you just look stunning," Tara said once she saw Kyla come up to her.

"So do you," Kyla said with a smile. "I can't wait to see what Sarah looks like. We literally didn't see her all day yesterday and today."

"I know!" Tara exclaimed. "And speaking of a Cameron, have you spoken with Rafe at all?" Tara asked.

Kyla shook her head. "I haven't gotten around to it. And technically he's my date to this thing, so that's...kind of awkward," Kyla told her. "I mean, I'm totally right about not wanting to speak with him, right? He literally threw my sister to the ground and beat up two other people!"

"Well, they did deserve it," Tara pointed out, making Kyla give her a wild look. "They sunk our boat, Ky."

"Okay, yeah, but they didn't deserve to almost get choked out," Kyla argued softly while Tara just shrugged, hiding her annoyance. Kyla then looked over once everyone started to clap, to see the Cameron family walk out. Kyla sighed once she saw Rafe notice her and start to walk over.

"I'll just go now," Tara said bluntly, walking away as she grabbed a glass of champagne from the tray a waiter was holding.

"Hey, Ky," Rafe said sweetly once he made it over.

"Hi," Kyla replied, unimpressed.

"Look, I-I messed up, Ky. I know I did," Rafe started to say.

"Yeah, you did," she said, raising her eyebrows.

"I'm sorry. I-I should've never ambushed those — those Pogues. I was trying to, uh, avenge Topper's boat," Rafe told her, wiping at his nose to hide his sniffle.

"A boat is different than a person, Rafe. You could have killed them," Kyla said, crossing her arms.

"I know, and I'm sorry. Kyla, I...I love you and I've just been stressed out lately and I've been making bad decisions. But — but you, Kyla? You help me and I-I need you," Rafe told her, placing a hand on the side of her arm.

Kyla licked her lips, looking down at the ground before she looked backed up at Rafe's pleading face. How could she reject him when he looked like that? She thought that would just be completely bitchy! "Just promise me no more fighting, okay? I don't need you or anyone else getting hurt," she told him.