FORTY SEVEN

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡
𝒃𝒐𝒏 𝒗𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒈𝒆

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Once Kyla and JJ finally arrived to the spot where they had all crashed the Twinkie, Kyla honked the horn to gain their attention. Kyla rolled down the windows, catching Pope saying, "the tortoise and the tortoise. Just a couple hours late." Kyla then parked the car and unbuckled, getting out of the car at the same time as JJ. "Where the hell were you guys?"

"Paternal complications," Kyla answered, her lips in a thin line.

"Mom and Dad caught you?" Kiara asked in a concerned tone.

JJ shook his head. "Luke was at the Château," he told them.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator," Pope revealed, causing Kyla's eyes to widen.

"Like, for real?" JJ asked.

"Does it look like we're joking?" Sarah countered.

"Yes, for real," Kiara confirmed.

"Okay, what the hell happened?" Kyla questioned, her eyes still wide.

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!" John exclaimed at the same time Pope yelled, "He got bit by a gator!"

"Why are you yelling at me? I just put my ass on line! I wasn't the one who bit you!" Kyla argued since she really didn't want to steal her father's car. Yeah, maybe John B got bit, but that wasn't her fault. The Pogues began to yell at her all at once, making her unable to even hear each of them. "Well, we got here as fast as we could," she told them, trying to reason.

They then all continued to argued before JJ yelled, "Shut up!" They all stopped, seeing how crazed he looked from all of their quarreling. "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second," he said as he let out a laugh, leaning against a tree. "Look, I just helped my dad leave this island...for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, 'Bon voyage'."

Kyla scrunched her face up, knowing that was most definitely not Spanish. "That's not the right language," Sarah muttered, voicing Kyla's thoughts.

"All we got...And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it," he continued, looking directly at Kyla when he finished his sentence. Kyla made eye contact with him, giving him a sad look. He then looked away. "And I've come too close to losing you — all of you! I mean, shit, like you guys almost drowned," he said, gesturing to Kyla and Kiara. "Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. And John B, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro. So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues." Kyla watched him as he spoke, somehow feeling inspired. "Sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..."