TWO

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢
𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Instead of going back to her house, Kyla slept over the Cameron's house with Rafe. She had texted her parents about it, and they obviously let her stay over because they trusted her enough not to do anything stupid. Kyla just hoped that Kiara was okay, even though she knew that JJ would never hurt her on purpose. She would just have to check up on her later.

The next day after the kegger, Kyla walked outside with Tara, Rafe, Topper, and Kelce. Things were still being fixed from the hurricane, so when they walked out, they saw a boat on land near a house. "Jeez, man, this is nuts," Topper said as they walked around the boat.

"Agatha's a bitch," Rafe said with a cup in his hand. Kyla nudged him softly, not liking when people cursed for no reason.

"Damn right, she is," Kelce agreed with a laugh.

"Definitely a bitch," Tara said, agreeing with Rafe as she sent Kyla a teasing look.

"I mean, I just — I can't get it out of my head. It's just on repeat. 'Your move, broski'," Topper then said, bringing up the events of last night. Kyla sighed, not wanting to relive it.

"Bro, he had a semiautomatic pointed at your head," Kelce replied.

"That's why I'm saying. It's insane."

"Safety off!" Kelce added.

"You would have won if he didn't pull it out," Tara pointed out, shaking her head in disgust. Kyla sent her a subtle, confused look. If Topper won, wouldn't that mean he would have drowned John B? Kyla wasn't friends with the guy, but she didn't want Topper killing anyone.

"That Pogue," Topper replied in the same tone as his sister.

"They're freaking Pogues, man. You know you should get a piece," Rafe said and Kyla furrowed her brows at him.

"What do you mean?" Topper asked

"You gotta fight fire with fire and defend the homestead. Right?" Rafe told him.

"Yeah," Topper agreed.

"It's better than being caught without one," Kelce said, hitting Topper's chest softly.

"Yeah, you can't let those dirty Pogues treat you like shit," Tara said, shaking her head.

Kyla glanced between all of them, not sure if fighting back was a good idea. "Look, guys—"