FORTY EIGHT

◜                                                           ◝

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒓𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

◟                                                            ◞

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

Before the cross could fall down and crush them all, they all backed away quickly. Pope rolled across the ground to dodge the cross, not being able to stand up just yet.

Kyla's eyes were wide. They could have all just died. Pope could have just died.

"Pope, are you okay?" Sarah immediately asked once the cross came down onto the floor.

"Pope, you good?" JJ added before they all made their way over to him again.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath," Pope told them breathlessly, still lying on the ground.

"You did it, Pope," John B then said, staring at the cross that had punctured the wooden ground. "Wow."

"Pope, she's...she's beautiful," JJ told him.

"I guess beauty runs in the family," Kyla commented, sending a Pope a grin, to which he returned with more of a forced one since he was still trying to gather his surroundings.

"I've never seen anything like it," Sarah pointed out.

"The detail's insane."

"Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad," John B said, running his hand over a keyhole that was on the cross.

"Whoa. Good find. How much do you think she's worth?" JJ questioned. "Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions," JJ explained, running his hand over it.

"This belongs in a — No! This belongs in a museum," John B spoke over JJ, causing the blonde to furrow his brows.

"What? So no one sees her?" JJ asked.

"In a museum where everyone sees it."

"Are you kidding me?"

"Hey!" Pope shouted, causing them to look over at him. He had made his way onto one of the pews. "It's my ancestors' cross!"

"Right, okay. All right, all right. Well..."

"This is bigger than money, and the world's gotta know the truth," Pope continued and Kyla nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. It was Pope's decision at the end of the day and honestly, she agreed with him. And if anyone deserved the money if they decides to keep it, it was Pope.