Somethings bothering Isla

"Isla go and get me something off Julieta, but don't say it's for me get it and say it's for you."  She looked at me confused. "Why can't I say it's for you?" She asked. "Because if you do then Julieta is going to go mental,  and will be all protective over me" I snapped at her. She looked at me shocked. "Sorry sorry sorry" I said repeatedly. She ignored my apology and said "I'll be back in a second" before walking out of the room.

Five minutes goes by

Isla walked back into the bathroom and passed me an empanada. I started at it "she didn't believe it was for you, so you had to take a bite out of it?" I said looking up at her. Her jaw dropped "how did you know?" She said shocked. I just shrugged and ate the empanada. The bruises on my face started to disappear slowly. I turned to face the mirror and watched them disappear. "There we go" I said walking out the bathroom, Isla hurriedly chasing after me. I walk downstairs into the living room. Abuela was sitting down on the sofa. She looked up at me and scoffed. I smirked at her and watched her leave the room. "What was all that about?" Isla asked concerned. I just shrugged my shoulders, acting like I didn't know. When really I did

As I sat down on the sofa Isla threw herself on top of me. I groaned trying to make myself comfortable. She didn't care she just stayed there. I rolled my eyes and played with her hair, while she was practically just dead on me. I laughed at the thought. She lifted her head up to face me "what's so funny" she huffed. "Nothing" I said forcing myself to stop laughing. She slammed down her head on my chest. "Jeez Isla be careful" I said looking down at her, but I didn't get no reply. "What's wrong?" I asked forcing her to look at me. "I hate your Abuela" she instantly. I didn't say anything, I mean I hated her too. I mean it's the way Isla came out with me, it shocked me. She slammed her head back down on my chest, but this time harder. I winced from the pain, she quickly shot up "I'm so sorry amor I really am" she said starting to panic. "Really I am I never meant to hurt you then I'm sorry" she quickly said placing a hand on my cheek. "It's okay" i said reaching for a book. She sighed and put her head back on my chest but this time gently. Something was up with Isla but I couldn't figure out what. Why was she being so off and moody. I opened the book and started reading.

A hour went by

I got bored of reading my book, so I closed it and placed it down next to me. While I had been reading Isla fallen asleep. "Isla wake up" I said gently nudging her. She struggled to open her eyes. "God it's so bright in here" she said throwing her hands over her face. I laughed and moved her hands away from her face. I kissed her on the forehead and made her sit up. She moved from off me and sat next to me, putting her head on my shoulder. "About Abuela?" I said looking at her. She sighed "I don't know I just don't like her, from like the orphanage stuff" she quickly said. I felt like she was lying but I didn't wanna say anything. "Mhm" I said while getting up. "Julieta has got left overs I'm going to get them" I said a walked out of the living room. Why was she being off, what wasn't she telling me?