Healing process

I had woken up, and once again to Julieta who was walking around me making food. "Uh this feels like déjà vu" I said laughing a bit, trying to pull myself up but was far too weak. She swung herself around and pushed me back down. "What the-" I snapped. "Choose your next words carefully, I need you to stay laying down there's so much damage to your body that even I'm struggling to heal" I looked at her and started crying. "Oh dear i didn't mean to be rude, I just want you to be better" she sat on the floor by the sofa in the kitchen next to me, stroking my hair. It felt good to cry it did, I never cried often because I saw it as a sign of being weak, and I could never be seen as being weak. If I was seen as being weak I'd make myself a target to anyone, but I didn't care no more. It wasn't a sign of being weak, crying was a sign of being brave, doing things many people couldn't have.

We was like that for ten minutes, she let me cry into her apron until there were no more tears left to cry. I pulled away from the hug, wiping the tears from my eyes. I pointed to the Arepas on the side and smiled "can I have one please?" She laughed and got up and handed me the plate. "I made them for you anyways, try eat as much as you can so you can gain your strength." I sat there for five minutes eating them while Julieta was cleaning up. I had finished eating them, and popped the plate on a small brown table next to me.  Julieta turned around "y/n I forgot to ask you something" when I heard this I got worried. "Yes?" I replied anxious. "Before you passed out when I found you, did you call me tía?" She said, I looked at her she seemed anxious to find out herself. "Well I umm.. I found out the truth and in the forest I wanted to be home with you. So I did say it but it made me feel happy." I said not looking at her. She smiled "I'm sorry we didn't tell you" she said blankly. I just nodded my head. I yawned "okay time for bed, you need your rest" she said helping me up to the nursery.

When she opened the door I saw Mirabel. She jumped up and looked at me "it's okay mamá I can help her get ready for bed now" she said smiling. Seeing her made me notice how much I really missed each and everyone of them. "Okay mi amor, be careful with her" Julieta said why helping me down into a chair then walking out the room.
I looked at Mirabel "Missed me?" And I swung open my arms. She came running towards me and hugged me really tight. I struggled to talk "killing me" I laugh while trying to breathe. "Oh I'm sorry" she said in a panic. "No it's okay" I sat there laughing. She looked at me "when I said welcome to the family, I didn't actually know you was part of the family." She said randomly. "I didn't know neither until-" but I cut off my own sentence, I remembered they didn't know about Bruno living inside the walls fixing the casita. "Until what!" Mirabel said, eager to know more. I quickly came up with a excuse "Until I heard some villagers speaking about it" I spat out. "Ohh that's strange" she said, but it sounded like she believed it.

Mirabel helped me change into my pjs and get into bed. "Tomorrow Pepa will come get you to help you have a wash, then when your strength is up properly you'll be able to have a normal bath" she said. I smiled at her and nodded my head and we both said goodnight.

"Morning y/n, wake up now" I heard a voice say. I rubbed my eyes and barely opened them to see who it was. "What time is it pepa?" I asked her politely. "It is exactly 11am, Julieta wanted me to wake you up earlier than that but I let you sleep" she said helping me out of bed. "How are you feeling?" She asked me concerned. I looked at her and laughed "I feel quite worn out and drained but other than that I'm okay so don't worry" she sighed "I need to ask you something" I stopped smiling. "I don't like where this is headed, but go ahead." I said. I could tell she didn't wanna ask me but at the same time she did. "Did you go into my past?" I looked away and nodded. "Only cause you helped me, and just looking at you I could tell there was something wrong. I didn't want to hurt you tía, I knew something was off with Abuela, she was so rude towards you and I just wanted to know if what I thought was true" I explained to her. "What you wanted, was it true?" She asked nervously. I sighed "it was but that's okay, don't hide your emotions because your mother says so. Let them be free, you deserve to be happy with your gift. But I can tell that you dislike it, but don't worry you'll learn to love it eventually like I have with mine, I promise" she hugged me "thank you" she whispered. I just smiled

My wash had tired me out I used too much energy from moving around and scrubbing at my arms over the sink. "Pepa can I take a nap" I ask her. "Of course you can I'll get Isabela to bring your food up at 5pm okay?" uh Isabela why her I thought to myself but I nodded my head and said thank you. She helped me get into bed and made sure I was comfortable. I ended up drifting off to sleep within minutes.

Suddenly out of no where I was being woken up by a door opening. It couldn't be Mirabel cause she was out with Luisa. I quickly checked the time, it was only 3pm so it can't have been Isabela. Who was it I thought.