Valentine's Day.

"Cat, are you listening?"

C.C. gave a start, she stared at spider-man blankly.

"I'm sorry- What did ya say?"

"I was telling you about this thing I gotta do next week..."

"Oh," She nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure the city won't mind it... can do without us for a day."

"What do you mean us?" His lenses squinted, which meant he was frowning. "You're not patrolling?"

"I didn't do that before and I won't start doing it now," She yawned. "Sorry, I gotta keep a low profile, if I get caught..."

"No yeah, no one wants that," He said quietly.

"Besides, I also have something to do, so..."

She almost wanted to laugh, if only the boy knew they were canceling plans just to make new ones with their masks off...

"Oh, great!" He piped up. "It's great... got a date or something?"

"Why? You jealous?" She teased.

"No no no no, it's nothing like that!" He laughed. "I just started thinking... you said you don't have any friends around here... so the only people you know are all Avengers? What do you do in your spare time?"

"Hmm... asking about my private life... you've forgotten about our deal?"

"I- I just- I don't think knowing would be that dangerous."

She stared at him.

"Don't joke."

"I'm not!" He got to his feet and approached her. "You understand me way better than I thought you would, and I started thinking... would it be that bad if I saw your face? We don't know each other anyway, so what's the problem?"

"It wouldn't make a difference if you saw my face. I don't live here and a random boy can't enter the compound. We can't see each other during the day, if they discover I sneak out every night..."

The boy groaned and looked away, he stayed very still for a moment, and suddenly blurted out:

"I got it!"

"Yeah?"

"My friend C.C!" He exclaimed. "She's Tony Stark's niece!"

"Civilians aren't allowed in there," She stammered. "Is she your age?"

"Yeah!"

"The only young person allowed in the compound is me and those twins we rescued in Sokovia."

"Oh," His shoulders fell again. "I see... You should ask Tony about her, though, she's great. Maybe he can take her some time so you can meet her."

"Maybe," she had to stop herself from sounding flattered, "tell me more about her..."

"Well, I just met her a few months ago, but she's really cool," He said affectionately. "I think you guys would get along."

"She sounds okay," She said. "But maybe she'd think I'm a freak, being a mutant and all... I would."

"No, of course not. C.C.'s too nice for that."

"Or maybe you think too highly of her," The girl pointed out.

"You'd know I'm right if you knew her."

"C'mon, everyone has a bit of evil in them, I'm sure she's flawed..."

"Well," He tilted his head. "She started a fight once... but it wasn't her fault!"

C.C. laughed. "Really? I would love to hear what's her excuse!"

"Some girls made fun of her and she tried to talk it out, one of 'em wouldn't have it, so she lost her temper."