18

This idea/suggestion is from; teppei4lifers

Thank you again for your idea! I really appreciate it ^^

°•○●°●○•°

Chongyun looked at his friend with a wary and confused gaze.

"A picnic?"
The young man infront of him nodded with a soft smile on his face.
"Mhm, it'll be fun! Besides, didn't you say you want to rest after all this 'ghost hunting' of yours."
Chongyun looked down on his meal, comtemplating if he would accept or deny his friend's invitation.

Don't get him wrong he lo--like, his friend and all but this is Xingqiu we're talking about. He would always find ways to prank him anytime and anywhere they were.
Chongyun sighed gripping his chopsticks tightly,
"I-- guess, I could go---"
"Great! I'll see you later then!"
Xingqiu exclaimed as he stood up then walk away. Waving at his friend goodbye with a huge smile on his face.
Chongyun took another sigh at the antics of his friend.

'I guess I could give it a try'

*Skip at the Guhua Residence/specifically at Xingqiu's room*

Xingqiu kept pacing back and forth at his bedroom while he check his list for the fifth time, mumbling that the picnic has to be perfect.

A man, who's a bit older than Xingqiu sighed as he looked up from the book that he is reading and watch his brother walking anxiously around his room.
"Xingqiu, can you please stop. I'm busy."
He warned his brother who completely ignored and and tried to carry all of the stuff that he needed for the picnic.

"I'm going out!" Xingqiu yelled as he ran out of their house, running as fast as he could but also making sure that he's careful so that the foods won't fly out or get ruined.

Arriving at the place that he and Chongyun agreed to meet to, Xingqiu flopped down to the ground as he catch his breath.
After a few minutes he finally stood up and dusted his self.
He looked around and noticed that Chongyun's not yet there.

'Perfect! Atleast I still have time to place everything and get them ready'

(here's the of the view where they would be having a picnic cuz dk how to describe it--)

Xingqiu made a satisfied sigh after arranging the place as good as he can

Xingqiu made a satisfied sigh after arranging the place as good as he can. He then dusted himself and made sure that he looks presentable after all that work that he did. With a satisfied sigh and a nod, he sat down to the picnic blanket while he waited for his friend. He gaze at the view of Liyue Harbor.

Xingqiu anxiously looked around hoping that the person he invited have arrived already, only to find no one beside nor behind him.
'

It's fine! It's fine. I arrived quiet late too, he's probably on his way'
He thought, trying to smile and calm himself down.
He lightly tapped the basket beside him as he try to maintain his composure and steady his breathing.
'It's fine! He probably had to finish some errands for the traveller, he's probably done by now. I'm pretty sure he's on his way'

An hour passed by and the sun is almost setting, yet Xingqiu there, all alone, waiting. He stood up and looked down from the mountain,
'Maybe he's having a hard time to climb up?'
Xingqiu thought trying to ease himself, only to be disappointed when he saw that nobody's down there.
'Maybe he was just about to climb!'
He thought as he looked down at the place where the mililiths were walking around, only to not find the certain light blue haired boy he was looking for.

Xingqiu sighed in defeat, he can feel a huge lump on his throat as he tried to steady his breathing.
Thoughts were running around his head, when he heard someone behind him.

"Xingqiu! I'm so sorry I am late! I had to work longer than before because traveller really needed the materials they asked me to take. So I had to stay in the wild longer. I'm really sorry I didn't mean to, I---"
Chongyun was cutted off when Xingqiu ran to him and hugged him tightly.
"I-I'm sorry... I'm just glad you came." Xingqiu said as he slowly pulled away from the hug.
"O-oh.. Ok.."
Chongyun replied, trying to avoid his gaze from his friend.

"By the way, I uh--- I got you this..." Chongyun brought out a book behind him and gave it to Xingqiu.
Xingqiu's eyes widened as he took the book from him.
"This is---"
"I saw some people crowding to the place you always go to, so I decided to check it out. And um, when I heard that the next volume of the book you were reading was out, I--- I decided to buy one for you. Which is, kind of hard because of all the people that's crowding the shelves---"

Chongyun's eyes widened when he felt a pair of soft lips on his own.
Xingqiu pulled away from the kiss then gave Chongyun a quick peck on the cheek.
The poor boy on the other hand is as red as a tomato, you can almost see smokes steaming on top of his head.
Chongyun opened his mouth a couple of times trying to speak, but not even one word came out of his mouth.
Xingqiu chuckled as he gave him a quick kiss then invited him to sit at the picnic blanket with him.

•||•End•||•

Thank you again teppei4lifers for your suggestion I love it!
It's not really exactly the same as you said since Xingqiu didn't really he loves Chongyun but instead just straight up kissed him---- but I hope you still like it ^^

That is all for this oneshot! See you all on the next one!