One-Shot #8: Walking In

Time: Season 14ish

Ivy and Jackson lay in bed, making out, completely nude. Today was the first day both surgeons have had off in weeks and they were planning on enjoying the day with their kids, but first they were enjoying some mommy/daddy time.

"We," kiss, "Should," kiss, "Check," kiss, "On the kids," Ivy says as Jackson's hands run up and down her back.

"They're fine, it's only eight in the morning. They should still be in bed," He shakes his head, moving her underneath him.

"Mommy! Daddy! Chris took my book!" Alexus yells.

Accompanying her yells, is the sound of a door opening. Specifically, their bedroom door, "Daddy, are you and mommy wrestling? With your clothes off? I thought you said wrestling and fighting weren't allowed?"

Ivy stares up at her husband, "They should still be in bed, huh?"

Jackson gives her a slight glare before turning his head over his shoulder to look at his oldest daughter, "Sweetheart, can you give mommy and daddy a minute, please?"

"But Chris stole my book. And you guys are wrestling. Am I the only one that follows rules around here?"

"We also have a rule about knocking before you enter mommy and daddy's room, did you do that?" Ivy asks, making sure the blanket is covering her.

Alexus' mouth opens and closes like a fish as she tries to think of an answer before giving an innocent smile, "I just missed you guys so much."

Jackson falls for is, "Oh, it's okay, princess. You just have to knock from now on, okay? Daddy will be right out to help you get your book back."

"Thanks, daddy," She smiles before leaving the room, not closing the door.

"Your inability to say no to her or be tough on her is gonna bite you in the ass when she's a teenager."

"Shut up," Jackson kisses her, grabbing a pair of shorts and putting them on before shutting the door so Ivy can stand up and get dressed.

Ivy smiles, sitting up and letting the blanket fall, "Really? Shut up?"

He looks between the door and his wife, "Uh-yo-I-love you? Can I come back into bed or should I tend to our daughter? What should I do? Cause I am really conflicted."

"Daughter first. Get the kids settled, and I'll be waiting here," She gives him a smile, laying back down.

Jackson stares at her for a second before snapping out of it, "Ye-I'll be right ba-yeah. Wait there. Do not move."

He runs out of the room and quickly helps the kids and set the TV up to keep them entertained before running back into their room. He closes and locks the door before stripping his shorts off and jumping into bed, "Now, where were we?"

○○○○

Time: a few days later

Ivy holds the twins hands as they walk into the hospital. They see some of the attendings waiting by the nurses station, "Hey Ivy, what's the twins doing here?" April asks.

"Check ups. And Jackson is already in surgery so I'm taking them myself," Ivy tells them, digging through her purse for her keys.

"Aunt April, do you wrestle with someone without clothes on? Cause mommy and daddy were but they told me that wrestling was bad. I'm confused," Alexus asks her godmother, causing her mother to drop her purse.

Amelia and Meredith, who were listening to the conversation, hide their laughs as Ivy quickly picks her purse up and April kneels down to Alexus' height, "Well, sweetie, your mommy and daddy get special rules."

Alexus sighs, "But that's not fair. I want to wrestle."

Ivy shouts, "No!" The others laugh as the twins look at her confused, "Uh, I mean, no. It's too dangerous. You have to wait until your 20s. Or according to your father, never."

"Why?" She tilts her head.

"Uh..." Ivy starts.

"Mommy, can we go see Dr. Arizona now? I'm bored," Thankfully, Christopher saves Ivy from that awkward conversation.

She starts leading the twins away before turning to her friends, "Not a word of this to anyone."

Amelia chuckles, "Okay, but remember protection. Wrestling can be dangerous."

Meredith adds on, "Yeah, we don't want any accidents."

"I swear to God, both of you shut up, please," Ivy pleads.

"Mommy, why are Aunt Mer and Aunt Amy saying words weirdly?" Christopher asks.

Ivy sighs, rubbing her temples, "Because they are trying to make mommy annoyed."

Alexus looks up at her, "Are they doing good at it?"

"Very. Very well."

"Hey, you're the one that decided to wrestle with your kids in the house when they were awake," April tells her, sipping her coffee.

"Can I have resident version of you back? Her being to embarrassed to talk about wrestling would be a blessing right now," Ivy smirks at her.

April shrugs, "Well, that sucks. Don't wrestle in the on-call rooms or someone may walk in on you two. Again."

Alexus gasps, "You wrestle at work too? Don't you have to save lives?"

"Yes, yes they do," Meredith smiles.

"Woman who wrestled with her boss say what?"

○○○○

AN: This was an idea commented on a part of Motherhood Lessons and I thought it was funny.

Keep ideas coming, some inspire fun story ideas.

QoC: which kid do you think would walk in on them more?

Thanks for the votes and reads and comments!!!