Brothers and Sisters

*MENTIONS OF SHOOTING AND DEATH*

"I want a relationship," Ivy complains to April.

The girls are currently sitting on Ivys bed eating donuts.

April starts choking on her donut, "What? Why?"

"Look around. Derek and Meredith. Owen and Cristina. Even Mark and Lexie now. I'm just... lonely. And I want sex," Ivy complains, flopping to lay flat on the bed.

"Well... I honestly don't know what to tell you. I-I-I am completely-" April is interrupted by Jackson walking in.

"Hey, what's up, ready to leave?"

April jumps up before he finishes his question, "Okay, what did I miss?"

"Me wanting either sex or a relationship. At this point, I'm not picky," she sighs.

"Well, I could be of assistance. If you ever need it," He offers, smiling cheekly.

Ivy gets up, patting his chest, "Not that desperate. Yet at least."

"So there's a chance? Ivy? Oh, come on you can't just say that then walk away! Ivy!"

○○○○

Ivy walks to the main entrance, coffee in hand to see everyone watching the news, "Whats everyone watching?"

April looks at her sadly, pointing to the TV, "A major Seattle-area shooting... we have reports that a gunman has opened fire on students and faculty."

Ivy drops her coffee. It splashing on her shoes, but she doesn't recognize it. Instead, all she sees and hears is the past.

Suddenly, he takes out a gun and shots her, one shot to the forehead. Her best friend, gone.

Ivy feels arms wrap around her, but can't tell who it is.

Blood, so much blood. From two, tiny women. Everywhere.

"Students and faculty are still in the building. I'm trying to get answers but what we know so far is that a gunman opened fire at Pacific College and that there are at least a dozen- I'm sorry? Okay. Okay. There are at least 20 victims," the reporter informs.

Jackson holds Ivy as she stands there, staring blankly forward. He shares a look with Mark and Owen. She shouldn't work today. Owen looks to Webber who realizes the same thing.

"Shepherd, go home," Webber tells her.

She shakes her head, snapping out of her daze, "No, sir. I mean no disrespect, but I'm not going to just stand by this time. Helpless. I need to work."

Webber nods, turning to Jackson and whispers, "Keep an eye on her today. First sign of it being too much, pull her."

Jackson nods, already planning on it.

○○○○

Ivy stands next to Jackson, focusing on Owen as he focuses everyone, "There are 15 ambulance on the way. Maybe more to come. First one is three minutes out."

"People... people... our own trauma is fresh, and we are going to have feelings today, and there is no shame in that. What I want to say is, what we went through six months ago, they are going through right now, which makes them our brothers and sisters... which makes them fellow travelers, which makes them our own. So to the very best of our ability, we are gonna do our work first and you're gonna have your feelings later," Webber says, helping Ivy focus on the patients.