Chief Brother

Ivy walks with Jackson, Charles, Reed, Lexie, and Alex to the big meeting that Derek is having. The Mercy Westers, besides Ivy, were freaking out.

"Either one of you know what this big meetings all about?" Jackson asks the Seattle Gracers.

Reed jumps in, "I heard there was a coup."

"Webber's out. Shepherds in. Is that true?"

"Ask Shepherd over there. She would know best," Alex redirects.

They sigh, "We've tried but when she doesn't want to say anything, she won't. She's good at keeping secrets."

Ivy smirks, "Listen. Everyone needs to relax. Nothing to drastic is going to happen."

"We know what you know." Lexie denies.

Jackson scoffs, "Bull. All right? Your sisters married to the guy. You expect me to believe you don't know whats going on?"

Alex is annoyed, "Don't you have your own loner friends to talk to?"

"Hey!"

"I also hears Shepherd plans to clean house, maybe he'll start with you," Charles says.

Alex scoffs, "Dude, I'm safe. The guy is my roommate."

"Doesn't mean anything. If anything, you'll be the first to go, Derek doesn't do nepotism. Plus, he cares about patient care, how are you doing in that department?" Ivy asks.

Alex ignores her, "You're the ones who should watch your backs."

"Why? What do you know?" Reed asks.

Alex simply says, "Simple math- Shepherd hate the merger, you're from Mercy West, you're toast."

Ivy steps in front of Alex, causing him to come to a stop, "Okay, lets get one thing straight. He doesn't hate the merger, he hates what it caused. Secondly, you aren't Derek, don't speak for him. The rest of you, do you actually believe that if Derek was thinking of firing any of us, I wouldn't warn you?"

"Derek's not gonna fire people just because they're from Mercy West. Hes not like that. Hes loyal and fair," Lexie backs her up.

Jackson smirks, "Yeah, tell that to Webber."

Ivy slaps the back of his head, "That was a special circumstance."

They get to the main hall to hear Derek's speech. Each of the Mercy Westers are silently, or not so silently, freaking out except for Ivy. She is, of course, cool as a cucumber. They join Cristina, Owen, Arizona, and Callie at the front.

"What the hell is he wearing?" Callie asks.

Owen tries to defend him, "He looks good. Chiefly."

"This reminds me of when he let me play dress up and make him wear what I picked out for him," Ivy comments.

Cristina looks at her, "How old were you?"

"Five, Derek was about 17 at the time. I think there's a picture somewhere," Ivy mumbles to herself.

"He looks like an undertaker," Cristina deadpans.

They laugh, Arizona lets them know, "I promised him we'd clap."

"Oh. Now?" Cristina asks.

"No" Owen says.

Derek flips through his cards one more time the gets everyone's attention,"I want to thank you all for being here. I know you're busy so I'll try to make this quick. As you may have heard, I have been appointed the new Interim Chief of Surgery. Its my personal goal to make this transition as smooth as possible. I know we've had a rocky few months."