Doesn't Give Up

Ivy texts with Amelia as she's in the car with Meredith, "You know, Maggie is trying to make Amy and Meredith talk in the car. Amelia is ignoring her by texting me and Meredith is being her normal self and ignoring everything."

Jackson takes her phone, "Are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?"

"The baby?" She asks, trying to get her phone back.

"No, the fact that you aren't talking to Meredith either. And that we still have to tell people about the baby," he hands her her phone back.

"Well, let's tell Catherine and them Amy. Then before you know it, it will spread like wildfire. Look, I know that you think I should talk to Meredith, but right now I'm feeling everything that I should've when he died. That I should've felt in that hospital room but couldn't because she didn't call me. So I'm gonna stay angry for a little while," Ivy tells him.

"Okay. I have a consult with April. She's bringing in a kid from Jordan so I'll talk to you later. I love you. And I love you," he kisses Ivy before resting his hand on her stomach.

Ivy smiles, "We love you too. Go help April and the kid."

○○○○

As Jackson is showing Ivy the scans on Kamal, April and another guy walk in, "As I feared, the biopsy showed precancerous cells in the tumor. Both sides."

April nod, "Okay. Then we need to get in there ASAP-"

Jackson stops her, "April, listen, there is no clear way to excise all the tumor. So I have to recommend...amputation. Of both hands."

"No," April shakes her head.

"It is his best shot before it progresses to cancer," Jackson nterjects.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" The guy asks.

Ivy sticks a hand out, "Dr. Ivy Shepherd-Avery, Co-head of trauma here as well as an orthopedic surgeon."

"Dr. Nathan Riggs, cardiothoracic surgeon."

April argues, "No. I brought him to Jackson to save his hands."

He fights back, "This is how we save his life."

"Well, I don't know. I don't see how he survives over there with no hands and no one to take care of him," Riggs tells them.

"I understand. I'm sorry. I could have told you sooner if I had all the information," Jackson apologizes.

"You mean you could have given up sooner," April argues.

Jackson nods, "Yes, you're right- because there's nothing to be done."

April yells, "You could try! You could make an effort instead of just giving up and walking away!"

He questions, "And you don't think I want to?"

"Okay. No. Stop this now. April, this isn't about your marriage right now. This is about a little boy who, from what I've heard, has had a terrible childhood. He had deformed hands that we found out are cancerous. He doesn't have time for us to argue! Kamal deserves the best care we can possibly provide," Ivy stops them.

"And I'm going to make sure he can get it," Riggs leaves to make a phone call.

Ivy turns to the two, "Are you serious?  April, why did you even bring him to Jackson? You saw the scans. You're a good surgeon. You knew that this would be hopeless."