Meddling

"Okay, why am I here?" Ivy asks Jackson and Mark.

"Because we are going over the game plan again. If we see my mother..." Jackson leads Marks next sentence.

He sounds exhausted, "We're buried with work today."

Jackson finishes, "And... you're sorry but Jackson has no time to spend with her, okay? And Ivy-"

He is cutoff by the door opening, "There you are."

"Dr. Avery," Mark greets.

"Catherine," Ivy says, hugging her.

"Oh, Dr. Sloan. Nice to see you again. And Ivy, my dear. You look absolutely exhausted. Are you sleeping?" Catherine asks.

Ivy nods, chuckling, "If I find the time too. Now, here's your boy."

She moves out of the way so Catherine can see Jackson, who glares at his best friend.

She kisses his cheek, "You look skinny. Tell me you did not forget your tux."

"Tux?" Mark and Ivy ask at the same time.

"Jackson is my date for the Frontiers of Medicine tonight. Oh, this is Dr. Mara Keaton. Mara is my star urology fellow. Mara, my son Jackson," Catherine introduces.

Jackson shakes her hand, "Hey."

Catherine continues, "Dr. Mark Sloan. And of course, Dr. Ivy Shepherd."

Ivy shakes her hand after Mark, "Hello."

"Its a pleasure to meet you all," she greets in a British accent.

"Mara's considering Seattle Grace as an option for next year and I thought, well, who better to show her around than my son?" Ivy's smile dropped a little.

Ivy realizes that Mara is a gorgeous and obviously smart girl. And if Catherine is trying to set the two of them up, Ivy is screwed.

"Dr. Sloan, can you spare him for just a couple of hours?" Catherine asks Mark.

Ivy looks at Mark and pleads with her eyes that he says no, "Absolutely. Show her around. Take your time."

"I-I can't possibly. We are...buried with work," Jackson looks to his mentor.

"Kepner can cover for you," Mark tells him, Ivy looking down.

"Perfect. And, Ivy, why don't you go with them? As chief resident, you'll have extra information," Catherine suggests, turning to Ivy.

Ivy turns to Jackson, unsure of what to say, so he responds, "Perfect. Let's go."

He then starts guiding Ivy out and gestures to Mara to follow. Ivy turns to Jackson, "Why am I here? I'm on trauma today."

Jackson nods, "Yes, but I need you. Please, stay?"

Ivy looks into his eyes and bites her lip, "Fine. But if a trauma comes in-"

"We'll go with you. Glad that's settled. So, Dr. Keaton, let's start with the pit," Jackson says, smiling.

○○○○

They guide Mara to an observation deck, "And this is O.R. two, which looks exactly like O.R. one."

"You still have to cover the E.R. in the fifth year, and study for your boards?" She asks Jackson.

"Yeah, it's a pretty rigorous program. Speaking of which, Ivy and I need to get back to work, so-" Jackson and Ivy start to leave.