Pilot

Y/N is your average girl. She comes from a regular family in the United States; she grew up neither rich nor poor, for she was a comfortable in between. Regardless of what privileged life America bestowed upon her, she longed to go somewhere new... she wanted to travel somewhere completely different from everything she had known before. After pondering over it for a few months, she chose South Korea.

     Several months after her decision, she hopped on a plane, flew to a different continent, and settled in one of the busiest cities known to the region: Seoul. It was as beautiful as it was crowded. She never regretted her choice, well, at least not in that instant. She thought it was very beautiful and indeed different, which is what she came for. Seeing all of this, she couldn't even wait for tomorrow to tour. She wanted to see it all.

    She has a small two-bedroom and one-bathroom house that she beautifully decorated with all of her favorite colors and items. It was so tiny it may as well be an apartment on the ground. She had plans for herself to get a better job when she grows up, but she applied for a job in a small local ice cream parlor to try to at least save up for a better education; preferably it would be a nice university somewhere close to home.

   Learning the language was harder than she expected it to be, but she learned a decent amount of it. She can call herself fluent, but she would maybe completely master it next month when she had been exposed to a more vast vocabulary in the real world. She started to learn a couple of months before she headed to South Korea and continues to learn more every day from her continued practice and daily interactions.

    After a few months of settling in, she was going on the Subway to treat herself to her new favorite restaurant across town. She was minding her own business and staring off into space when out of her peripheral vision she saw a man walking up to her. He was dressed nicely in a suit, so he stood out amongst the more casually dressed crowd. His hair was without a flaw, and he walked so confidently that Y/N was sort of intimidated. He sat down next to her.

    He made a deal to play a game with her, something she never played before, and if he won, he changed his prize from money she didn't have to give away to instead slap her, and if she won she got 10,000 won.

After a long while and a red face, she won and got the money. He gave her a strange-looking tan-brown card with different shapes on it and told her to call them because there are more games she can play to get more money. She assured him that she would call, and she walked away. She couldn't wait to get home that day.