Chapter Twelve

Rev had a meeting with Blade. It was a dumb fucking name for a dumb fucking person. He was a supervisor of sorts on Jay's trafficking trail.  Rev's contact, Harry, told Blade that Rev was a potential supplier, and Rev's objective now was to make Blade believe that, so he could get enough information from him to present to his contact at the FBI.

Rev knew the lingo, the look, and the attitude of the character he needed to play, but it made his skin crawl.

This is for all the people I'm going to liberate. And for Paige.

He looked himself in the mirror, practiced his best sleazy smile, and left the tiny apartment, armed to the teeth with hidden weapons, and his best weapon in plain sight: his fist.

Rev rode his motorcycle up to the warehouse near the shipyard for the arranged meeting.  He glared at the guards patrolling the parking lot and walked directly to the obscure building door, pounding on it.

A large, dark skinned man opened it.

"The fuck are you, boy?", the man asked him.

"Here to see Blade".  Rev had dropped his English accent and was using low class Midwestern drawl.

"'Bout?"

"Business, dipshit".

"Name?"

"Dave".

"Wait here", the large man said, and went back in, closing the door behind him.

Rev glanced over each shoulder, slowly, intentionally, so they could see him do it. When he saw one of the parking lot guards looking back at him, he flashed him the bird.

The door opened again.

"Follow me", the man said.

Rev was wearing a 'wife beater' tank top and camouflage cargo pants with worn brown leather steel toe boots.

He followed the man through a large storage room full of boxes to a small office room, where his escort stood outside and waited for Rev to step in. Rev hadn't seen anyone on the ground level but saw one man with an automatic on the catwalk above.

Rev stepped into the presence of who he assumed was Blade. A tall, thin, dark skinned man was lounging on a black futon.  He had short, jet black hair perfectly clipped into a thick wedge of a mowhawk. The sides were trimmed close to his scalp, and between the mowhawk and the short sides was a narrow strip of completely bare scalp in a straight line. He had on dark sunglasses, black pants, a black shirt, and a black jacket. He also had several gaudy silver rings and a long, thick, silver chain with a dollar sign charm around his neck.

"Blade?", Rev asked.

The man nodded once.  "I am".

"Harry says you're looking for girls".

"I am".

"Well, I got a whole bunch of them", Rev said, pulling on his sleazy smile.  "But I wanna know if it's worth it to sell 'em to you.  You see, they already make me money, so unless I'm gonna be getting more money, that ain't worth it.  Know what I'm sayin'?"

Blade and Rev discussed the details of an illegal business contract. Rev found out where exactly he would need to be but not when. He had a price, and Blade took his phone number to give him the details.

"Start getting ready. Should be about a week", Blade said.

Rev sneered. "Pleasure doin' business".

"Pleasure's all mine", Blade said, shaking his hand, an oily smile spread across his face.