Chapter Forty-Nine

Brad woke up as irritated as he was when he went to sleep. Paige and Bre were both upset...with him.

Fuck.

Paige had every right to have gotten upset. Brad mis-spoke and now she thought he was going to leave her for Bre. Even though he had considered it, he didn't mean to directly tell her that. He was in love with her still, and wanted to marry her, and didn't want to hurt her unnecessarily. Make her jealous, yes. Give her a panic attack, no.

She was also now holed up in their cottage, their special place, with that fucking maniac. They might not be having sex there, especially with the condition Paige was currently in...but that man was still in his bed, and whichever band members were there now knew it, which was a blow to his ego.

Bre shouldn't have gotten upset about Paige. There was no need for her to be, but Bre was kind-hearted and tended to take on responsibility that wasn't necessary for her to take, so she felt like she was the one who had hurt Paige. She was quiet, sad, and distant from him the rest of the evening. He felt like she was being extra sensitive from having an overly emotional day, but he let it be and gave her space. He wasn't going to push her. The only thing he wasn't going to compromise on was sleeping next to her. She hadn't said a thing about it, but if she had, he was prepared to insist upon it.

Bre was currently facing away from him and not touching him. He quietly checked the time on his phone. She needed to be awake in about twenty minutes. He snuggled up against her and started kissing her neck. She stirred and he slid his hand down into her pajama pants. After a couple minutes of coaxing she stretched and rolled over onto her back. He started kissing her then trailed his kisses all the way down to between her legs, finishing her within minutes, then climbing on top of her.

When he finished, he held her until her alarm went off, then he reached over and switched it off, kissed her temple, and said, "Morning, beautiful".

She kissed his neck and said nothing. He suspected she was still upset.

After they were ready for work, Brad asked her how she was going to handle communicating to Steve about Christmas.

"I'll text him", she replied.

"Make sure you set some boundaries in that text, baby, unless you want a repeat of Sunday".

Her brow furrowed and she nodded.

"I can help", he offered but she shook her head.

"I'll do it on my lunch break", she told him.

Brad still hadn't heard from Paige about when she was coming home so he texted her before he left for work- You get a flight yet?

...........................................................................

The rest of my evening was less than ideal. Jake welcomed Rev with open arms...literally...he gave him a hug, but Clay was barely cordial.

I explained that while Brad and I were still together, he was currently with someone else, leaving Bre's name out of it...and that he gave me permission to be back with Rev.

Jake was all for it. "You two are so progressive!", he exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"If you're okay with this situation, why are you having a panic attack?", Clay asked suspiciously.

I sighed. "Because apparently Brad isn't giving her up. I thought this was a short term thing so we were even...but he doesn't see it that way, which is why he said okay to Rev. I'd really prefer not to advertise this. I don't think my brother or Steve would understand".