Chapter Fifty-Five

I spent all day Thursday on the phone- with Rafe, then the singer of the band we were opening for, and with Tommy several times.

Clay decided on a hotel for us for next week and booked two rooms. I would be sharing with Tommy and Jake, and sleeping in a bed with Tommy because we were the smallest.

I updated Brad via text about next week's schedule and my day yesterday.

And I met the sweetest 4yr old boy who helped me feel better. He asked about Drew and I talked to him about it. He gave me a hug and showed me his room.

Brad must have been anxiously waiting to hear from me because he replied immediately- I'm glad, babe. Why didn't you tell me you had arrived safely? I had to text Rev.

I felt a pang for both my guys. I had actually forgotten, and because I had, they had to communicate with each other. About me. Ugh.

I'm very sorry. I was exhausted and I really did forget.

I know, babe. He told me. I was worried. I love you. I can come to the Fri show and we can fly back together Sat or spend time in Florida till Sun. Lmk.

I don't want to go home yet. I can't be there. We can stay in FL till Sun then I'll go to the cottage.

Okay, baby. I love you.

Love you.

"Rev?", I called out. He was doing hundreds of sit ups on the floor.

"Yeah, love", he said, sitting upright to look at me.

"Thank you for texting Brad to let him know I was okay. I'm sorry I put you in that position".

"It's all right, love. I'll always do whatever is in your best interest", he said, bringing tears to my eyes.

"I love you", I told him.

He gave me a half smile. "Love you".

"Can you stop exercising now?", I asked.

He chuckled. "Sure, love. Why?"

"I need some attention".

He chuckled again. "I would stop doing anything for that", he said as he got up and carefully tackled me across the bed.

...........................................................................

Bre was still talking with Brad daily over text, but she was keeping her distance from him because she did want to figure out how to work on her marriage, and she couldn't do that when she was so wrapped up in his arms.

Steve had brought up counseling, and she wasn't opposed to it, but she had a feeling it wouldn't be effective if she wasn't completely honest, and she certainly couldn't be honest with him about Brad. No good would come of Steve knowing that. It had been a good thing- for her and for Brad, but it had already hurt Paige whose skin was much tougher than her husband's.

She decided she would see a therapist on her own, and then if that therapist felt strongly about couples counseling, she would go from there. She had her first appointment on Thursday. She was a little nervous because she didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't stressful once she was there.

It felt like the woman was simply getting to know her and why she had been prompted to come in. Bre was completely honest with her, because she knew everything had to stay confidential, and the therapist came up with a plan for how they would work through everything together.

She supported Bre's decision to stop seeing Brad so she could focus on salvaging her marriage if possible, but it made Bre worry how Brad was doing without her, especially since Paige had up and ran off with Rev again.