Chapter Forty-Seven

Bre woke up to daylight and Brad's face. He was watching her with a little smile. She groaned and covered her head.

"You were watching me sleep?" She was mortified.

He chuckled and pulled her arm away.

"Look at me", he said in his calm voice. She did. She usually did what Brad said. He had a way of taking charge and she naturally followed his lead. She was embarrassed, though. She knew her hair was a mess and she was still shy about everything that had happened yesterday.

He gently ran his hand along her cheek and into her hair. "You are beautiful", he said gently, his face soft.

"You make me feel beautiful", she admitted, feeling her cheeks burn.

He looked for a moment as if he might cry, then he leaned in and kissed her. "That's all I ever wanted", he said.

She felt as if she would explode her heart was so full. This experience with Brad was so incredibly different than with Steve. She had been under the influence the first time she was with Steve, so she was less shy, less inhibited. Steve didn't talk to her like Brad did. Brad coaxed her into it, helping her overcome her shyness step by step, and gave her attention throughout the day every day. Steve simply did it and moved about his day as normal. She was so crazy in love with Brad right then, she didn't care if she ever saw Steve again.

But Brad didn't intend to leave Paige. He wasn't hers. He was only hers for a moment.

How long?

That thought hit her hard and she pulled away, getting up and reaching for her robe off the floor. Brad grabbed her arm.

"Don't get dressed".

"The cameras", she reminded him.

"I disabled them. Don't get dressed".

She whipped her head around to look into his eyes, shocked.

"I'll hook them back up later", he said.

She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. She felt Brad's eyes wash over her as she returned, and felt herself flushing again as he lifted the covers and she climbed back into bed.

He wrapped his arm around her and pressed her up against him.

"Something is bothering you", he said, looking into her face. "Please tell me you're not having regrets".

She shook her head no.

"What's wrong then?"

She felt herself tear up despite trying not to.

"It's nothing. Probably pregnancy hormones", she said.

He waited, brow furrowed, peering into her eyes. He wasn't going to budge until she told him.

Finally she spoke when she was sure she wouldn't cry. "I was thinking about how much I loved you and I was wondering how long I got you for, that's all. I told you that I was going to get more attached to you if we did this. That's what I was worried about. It's not a big deal. I'm fine".

She read in his eyes he believed she was telling him the truth and that it made him really sad.

"Oh, Bre", he sighed, tearing up himself. "I told you this wasn't a one time thing. If I'm being completely honest with both of us, I would really prefer to never not be with you. The way I feel about you is perfect. Not complicated. There's not a single negative emotion that's attached to you. I know you're worried that you're going to be on your own but I would never leave you to fend for yourself, regardless if you had taken this step with me or not. Baby, you got me as long as you want me. I will never not be here for you. Do you understand?"