Chapter Twenty-Two

I woke up with Brad's arm around me in the same position I laid down in last night. When I finally fell asleep, I slept hard. My body was relaxed but I was emotionally unstable.

Today is the day. Steve will be married in a few hours and tonight they'll start working on building their family. Siblings to our baby.

A couple more tears leaked out. This had to stop. I would have to push all these feelings down and focus on the event or I'd never make it through the day.

I stretched and Brad's arm automatically tightened around me. He was still sleeping. What an adorably sweet man he was.

Ah, but so was Rev, and even more so when he did sweet things because he showed that side much less often than Brad did.

I needed to get up. There was so much to be done before one.

I rolled over, kissed Brad on the forehead, and removed his arm so I could move.

I went downstairs, quickly made breakfast, then ran back up. I put on light blue cuffed jean shorts and a flannel with no shirt underneath so I wouldn't mess up my hair after Kendra did it this morning.

I quickly put a coat of dark brown nail polish on and waved my hands to help it dry faster. Brad was in the shower. I checked my toenail polish which I had done earlier in the week and that was still fine.

I texted Bre, Good morning, beautiful bride! See ya in a few hours! Lmk if you need me to do anything!

She replied with a red heart and an- I'm so excited!!!!!!!  The flowers are at the church. Can you make sure all the men have theirs on correctly?

I replied- Absolutely!

Brad got out of the shower and we ate, then I added another coat of polish to my nails, and had him carry my purse out so we could get to Kendra.

...........................................................................

"Hey, you two", Andy said as we walked in. "Glad to see you together again". He gave Brad a quick hug and Brad clapped him on the back.

"I'm all set in our bathroom, Paige!", Kendra called from upstairs.

"See you guys in an hour or so", I told them, kicking off my flip flops and dashing up the stairs.

The master bathroom was spacious, with a round whirlpool tub, a stand up enclosed shower with multiple shower heads and seats, and two sinks in a long countertop with an equally long mirror. Kendra additionally had a built in vanity seat with a lighted mirror where she did her makeup.

She was getting pretty round but didn't look like she had changed anywhere else. She was wearing a simple black knit maternity dress and looked as beautiful as ever.

"We're so excited to hear you sing today!", she said, enthusiastically, motioning for me to sit at the vanity.

"You feel good enough to come?", I asked.

"Yes. We will go to the wedding for sure, but for the reception we will just have to wait and see. I get tired so easily now, and with working full time still, I really try to do nothing on the weekends to recover".

"I get it", I said.

"What were you thinking?", she asked, starting with spraying some dry shampoo on my roots.

"I figured I'd let you do whatever you wanted as long as it was completely up. I prefer for it to not be down at all so I'm less likely to fidget with it or get distracted by it touching me".