49

On the next day Jungkook tried to find an answer what made Jin didn't come on his special day. After yesterday he had tried to hide his sadness, pretending everything was fine in front of his family.

He plans to come to Jin's house at night, as he knows Jin only has night time after work hours are over.

Exactly at 8 pm, he was getting ready and out of his house. Get in the car and start the engine, rush away from his house and go to his destination.

Arriving there, he walked towards the door of Jin's house and knocked on it. But after a few knocks, no one opened the door for him.

He looked at the watch on his wrist. The clock shows 8.45 pm. He also peeked through the window, but the house was quiet. As if there were no occupants.

Maybe Jin isn't home yet, he thought. Then he sat on the terrace waiting for Jin to return.

30 minutes passed, finally the sound of someone's footsteps came to the person who was still faithfully waiting in front of the door.

"Jungkook?" said Jin who had just arrived.

"Ah finally you're home" with a smile plastered on his face, Jungkook got up from his seat and approached Jin.

"You've been here long?"

"Not really. Only 30 minutes"

Jin just stood still while looking at Jungkook who was waiting for him.

"You didn't open the door?" Jungkook asked, who was also waiting for when he would be invited into the house.

"What are you doing here?"

"Jin, can you please let me in first before we can talk?"

Jin sighed as he looked around at his surroundings. He looked restless. But then, he took the house key from his bag. And opened the door.

"Okay, come on in"

While looking once more at his surroundings, he invited the guest inside and then closed the door tightly.

By now they were both in the house. Actually Jungkook didn't want to directly ask Jin about his absence from the graduation ceremony, since he wanted to talk about casual things first and then he brought up the topic.

But Jin seemed to urge him to immediately say what made him come.

"Uhm.. well.. I just wanted to ask why you didn't come to my graduation ceremony? Are you too busy?"

"I'm sorry.." Jin lowered his head, as if unable to look at the person in front of him.

"No, no.. it's fine, Jinnie. I understand if you're busy at work. It's just that I'm a little disappointed. But, don't worry. Since I've met you now, I've forgotten about yesterday"

Jungkook slowly walked closer while holding Jin's shoulders, then he rubbed it lovingly.

"It's not like that, Jungkook. I'm sorry.. I'm... not busy at work. But.."

As if something was going to be wrong, Jungkook frowned. He waited for the hanging answer.

"--but.. yesterday Taehyung came here and.. proposed to me" with a low intonation, Jin continued his sentence.

"Taehyung... proposed to you???!"

Jungkook's response seemed to have not been able to process Jin's words properly.

"Yes, he will marry me, Jungkook"

Instantly that sentence turned off all the functions in Jungkook body. His eyes widened and he didn't blink for a second. It's like his heart doesn't beat anymore. His body was stiff and didn't move at all. The world seemed to collapse in front of him.

"No.. say you're just kidding. Tell me what you said earlier wasn't true. Hahaha yeah, it wasn't true, right?"

Almost crazy, he asked with a laugh. His hands gripped as he shook Jin's shoulders and hoped that what he heard was just a joke.

"I'm not kidding. We're getting married"

"How could you possibly go back to him?! Aren't you thinking clearly, JIN?!!"

Tears slowly fell down the cheeks of the boy who had just graduated. He shook his head and bit his lower lip hard, as if he was holding back the explosion of words that was about to come out of his mouth. He wanted to scream!

"I'm sorry Jungkook. I'm sorry..."

Jin came closer and tried to calm Jungkook by hugging him slowly. He knew Jungkook would react like this. He knew Jungkook loved him. He knew Jungkook wouldn't be that easy to accept all this.

"Why are you doing this, Jin? Why?!"

Full of crying and his voice starting to shake, Jungkook desperately tried to stay calm, even though he was actually being torn apart.

"Because he kept his promise. He chose me over his family"

Then Jungkook let go of Jin's embrace and looked at him.

"But he has hurt you many times, Jin. Aren't you tired? Aren't you afraid that one day he will make another mistake and hurt you again?!"

Jin was silent. He also knew Taehyung had hurt him so many times. But, maybe right now he is giving another chance for the thousandth time?

"Jin, answer me!!"

"He will marry me, Jungkook. Getting married is not something easy, and he decided it"

"Then what about us?!! Don't you remember how we've been getting closer lately? What have we done together? Was it all just unrealistic hope you gave me??"

"You.. you're still too young. You can't be an adult yet, Jungkook.."

"Too young?? That's your excuse?? Kim Seokjin, I've graduated! From now on I'll prove that I'm an adult! I'm just like you!"

"From now on? You're too late"

"Too late? But at that time you said you would wait for me to prove myself when I graduated. Now is the time! I'm not late!"

Jungkook was getting frustrated. He wanted to replay what Jin said at that time if he really said that he would wait for him to prove himself when he graduated, in case Jin forgot his own words.

"Becoming an adult doesn't mean it will start when you graduate. At least, you also have to try when you've decided to be close to me. And, I can't tolerate the lies you do behind my back, Jungkook" said Jin, who gave another reason.

"Lies?"

"You still can't admit it now?"

"I don't understand what lies you mean..."

"If I mention 'Chaeyoung', does that lie immediately cross your head?"

Hearing Jin's sarcastic question, Jungkook just instantly stunned.