48

He didn't need congratulations, he just wanted Jin to be there on his graduation day. On the day when he wasn't a highschool boy anymore. The day when he will begin to prove that he has grown up. He needed Jin right now, even if that person was only there for a second, he wouldn't be this sad on the graduation day he was waiting for.

However, he still had to smile and hide his disappointment.

Back to a few hours ago...

Jin had also finished getting ready. He took time off from work today, since he intended to come to Jungkook's graduation ceremony.

He left his room and walked to the front door. He opened it, but instead he saw someone already standing right behind the door.

"Tae? You're here to pick me up?" asked Jin, who was quite surprised by the sudden presence of his ex.

Taehyung just answered with a smile, then he walked closer and stepped forward. Making Jin step back and enter his house again.

"Can we talk here for a bit?" Taehyung said.

"O-- okay... but we'll be late"

"Late? Where to?"

Jin frowned, as if confused by the question.

"Graduation ceremony. Aren't you also coming there for your brother? We'd better go now"

Jin gently grabbed Taehyung's wrist and stepped forward, so they could leave now. But Taehyung quickly stopped him.

"Wait. There's something more important than that"

Jin stopped his footsteps. Then Taehyung put his hand into one of his pockets, and kneeled in front of Jin.

"Jin, will you marry me?"

While kneeling and taking out a ring in a small red box, Taehyung asked a question that made Jin gape in surprise.

"... Taehyung???"

"Kim Seokjin, I'll ask you one more time. Will you marry me?"

Jin, who was still surprised by what his ex had done in front of him, seemed to still not believe it. As he knows a Kim Taehyung is a person who can't keep his words and is always in a dilemma between two choices, family or him.

But finally the man decide on that day. Kim Taehyung chose Kim Seokjin over his family.

Jin also touched the ring as if he wanted to make sure again, is this reality or just a dream if his ex-boyfriend proposed to him?

"You do, right?" Taehyung asked. Then he got up from his position, holding tightly the hand of the person in front of him.

Jin still couldn't say anything but his body responded. He immediately hugged Taehyung tightly.

"Taehyung, is this real?"

"Yes. I proposed to you, Jin"

Taehyung let go of the hug, then he took the ring and put it on Jin's ring finger. The fingers become more beautiful.

"You.. you really kept your promise. Thank you, Taehyung" Jin said with a smile.

The other smiled too, and they hugged each other again. This time they didn't return as boyfriend. Taehyung just proposed and could say they are now engaged.

"Right now I want to spend my time with you. To celebrate this day"

"But... are we really not coming to the graduation ceremony? I already promised Jungkook to come for him. And, what about Jimin? He must have been waiting for you"

"We're already late. And Jimin knows I'm going to propose you so he'll be fine"

Jin was pensive. Actually in his little heart, he wanted to come to the graduation ceremony. Even though he felt Jungkook had hurt him, but he also couldn't deny Jungkook's kindness so far in his life. He's not the type to be a vengeful person.

Besides, it was his former student who made him strong again when he was broken by Taehyung. Jungkook who slowly helped erase the wound in his heart. In fact, he has also fallen in love with his own student, Jeon Jungkook.

He wanted to be there on Jungkook's special day at least for a second. He could imagine how a smile would be on Jungkook's face all day, since today is the day he had been waiting for. He didn't want to miss it.

"Jin..."

The other woke up from his daydream.

"You're my fiancé now. Later we'll get married. You have to remember, I'm the only one who will be your companion. Don't get close to anyone anymore, especially that little kid. You have to forget him" Taehyung continue his words.

Jin just silent for a moment. But in the end he nodded.

"Good, I love you Jin" Taehyung said as he slowly brought his face closer and kissed his fiance's forehead.