🍓 𝙃. 𝙍𝘼𝙉

RAN HAITANI'S POV

As soon as my eyes opened, the irritating  sound of the hospital's electrocardiogeam machine, my body felt so weak I feel like I could sleep for an eternity.

Suddenly , memories of what happened at the festival came back flooding in my head.

Of course, I know Rindou is gonna be mad at me, or worried, I know how much Rindou hates it when I try to protect him in exchanged of my life but still, I'm the brother and I held him dear , any brother would do that and if I were to live again and the same thing would happen.

I wouldn't hesitate to protect him again.

I sighed before my door opened, revealing my mom.

"Ran! " She cried, and I held back a wince when she practically threw her arms to me.

But I found myself wanting her hug, maybe because I was weak right now? I just needed to know someone was still waiting for me while I was practically passed out.

"Rin , Rin! Your brother's awa-"

Mom couldn't proceed her words when my room's door flung open and I saw Rindou's lavender eyes with worry, soon his panicked expression turned into soft one,  he immediately went towards me before holding my hand.

"Aniki.. " He said, his voice shivering but he put up a strong facade.

I felt bad, I never wanted see my brother like this, I wanted Rindou to be that jerky guy, the guy who pisses Y/N every time, the guy who hates noisy girls, the guy who always wore an irritated expression but when it comes to fighting he smirks like the sky fox -chicken he was.. According to Y/N.

"Why would you do that?! " He cried.

I knew it...

Instead of answering, I smiled and gave his head two soft taps.

"Because I'm your brother. "

After a few years, I finally got out of the hospital.

I also heard from mom that she didn't treat Lynette well, I honestly think she deserved it, it was also my mistake to even try being with that girl...

Wearing my long black coat, I was now at New York since Mikey said he's looking for a certain hacker that lives here.

The guy had the nerve to hack into our system, I wasn't alone of course, Sanzu and Rindou are here as well.

While walking down the streets, I felt the need to drink a warm coffee and so, I didn't hesitate to turn my shoes and went to the nearest cafe.

When my eyes caught tbe sight of the coffee shop , I stepped inside before pulling my scarf up to my mouth .

Winter...

It was really cold here at New York. My hands were literally freezing, what's worse is I even forgot about my gloves, goddammit!

"What can I get for you , sir. "

I looked at the coffees they had, displayed in front of me before nodding my head.

"One cappuccino please"

"One cappuccino please. "

My eyes widened and upon hearing the familiar voice, I looked at the smaller person- girl who now stood beside me.

I swallowed a lump in my throat,

The doe like (e/c) eyes now held a more matured glint as if she was another and a new person.