thirty-eight!

"Sophie~" Sarah cooed as she opened June's door.

"You need something?" June asked, trying to keep his voice nonchalant.

"I was talking to Holly earlier, and she wanted to get our families together for a barbecue tomorrow night at our place! Plus, it'll be like a bit of a birthday party for Logan. He's turning nineteen, you know." Sarah came in further, standing by the wall still. "Your dad thought it was a lovely idea, and I want you to come out to hang out with us!"

"No, thanks, mom.. I don't really get along with Logan very well." June glanced up at his walls, remembering what he had said.

Sarah's expression fell flat. "You'll have to learn to get along then. And for the love of god, wear something other than a stupid button-up."

June grit his teeth. "Those are the majority of my closet, mom."

"Borrow something from your sister of you need to."

"She's like two sizes smaller than me!" June protested.

"Then figure something else out," Sarah said lowly, threatening undertones making June clench his fists. "Before you ask, I don't want Malcom coming. Invite one of those girls you used to be friends with or something." Sarah left, and June grabbed his phone, going to his window.

He got down to the ground and ran over to Malcom's house, climbing up to his window, having to knock since it was closed.

Malcom clicked a couple things on his computer before getting up, greeting his friend with a smile. "I'm streaming right now, but if you wanna join you can."

June's eyes widened. "Sorry for interrupting." He hesitated in the window. "I can go back home if-"

Ranboo pulled him through the window, making June smile a bit.

He sat down in his unicorn gaming chair, and pulled June over to sit in his lap. He gave June his headphones, and unmuted him to the chat and in Discord.

"Alright, I'm back." Malcom rested his head on June's shoulder. his fingers finding the keys and mouse again. "And June's here."

"Hi chat," June said quietly to the mic, and looking over to see who he was in a vc with. "Hi, Tubbo!"

"Hi!" Tubbo exclaimed. "Can you hear me, June?"

"Um, yeah, I can," June replied.

"Okay, good." Tubbo paused. "What's your opinion on pineapple on pizza?"

June hesitated. "I better not get cancelled on Twitter for this, but I think it's really good."

June watched as Malcom's chat either cheered or boo'd, which made June grit his teeth. He didn't want to be in the middle of a debate with Malcom's chat.

"You could get so much clout on your Twitter," Malcom pointed out.

June nodded. "True! It isn't hard to find. I reply to you guys' Tweets a lot."

June pulled out his phone, and he and Malcom watched as his follower count went up.

June had an idea, and started writing a Tweet.

Hopefully Tommy wouldn't get mad, but it was funny as hell.

-

june @/dreamjunebug
tommyinnit is a little spoon thats it thats the tweet give me clout

~

June and Malcom jumped, startled, when a girl slammed her lunch tray down next to Malcom the next day at school.