thirty-six!

(flash warning on the video ^^)
also cw for mentions of alcohol after the second time skip, there'll be a little recap at the end for those who need to skip anything <3

and sorry that it's almost been 2 weeks i have been having a bit of a hard time, but i'm ok

---

First day of senior year.

As June surveyed the crowds of people, he couldn't help but ask himself - what happened?

There were so many people just being assholes already.

Typical highschool, he guessed. He'd never observed his peers like this before. He used to be in the middle of Zoey and Hannah, with his head down to attract as less attention as possible.

With Malcom by his side, he felt more confident going in than he ever had. Not even seeing his ex friends would ruin his mood.

Well.. maybe.

But that's irrelevant.

Malcom walked him to all his classes - they had most of them together, so it was great - and June was feeling good, and most of his teachers encouraged trans kids to tell them their preferred name and pronouns, which made him euphoric.

Lunch was fun, he and Malcom ate their lunch out in the courtyard under a tree as they watched the soccer guys show off for the cheerleaders sitting nearby.

The soccerball got kicked in June and Malcom's direction, and one of the guys June knew from middle school - Collin - invited June to play.

June showed up the opposing team, and Collin gave June his number when they had to go in.

"I'm not sure if he gave it to me in a romantic way, or in a can-we-be-friends way," June said, flipping the sticky note over in his palm. "Either way, it'll be fun to have a soccer friend."

Before their final class, Malcom pressed a kiss to the top of June's head as they parted ways at June's class, which made a couple people snicker at him being flustered.

June smiled to himself, and double checked his schedule, just in case.

He took a deep breath and stepped into his history class, taking a seat by a window near the front.

He looked out the window for a minute, then looked back at the door as someone new came in.

Much to June's dreadful surprise, in walked Logan.

June's breath hitched, and became suddenly on high-alert.

Logan saw June, and in a moment of pure asshole-ness, chose the seat beside him.

June covered his face with his hands, feeling like he wanted to cry. He loved history - and always had - but he had a feeling that it wasn't going to be the same this year.

Logan leaned over, a sadistic smirk on his face. "Haven't seen you in a while, Sophie."

June didn't answer. He didn't know how to.

Logan leaned back in his chair and propped his feet up on the desk.

"Logan, if you think I'm going to put up with you like this for another year," the teacher says as he walks in, "you are damn wrong."

June's eyes widened. He glanced over at Logan, who rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, teach. Didn't mean to, uh, not do anything," Logan replied.

"You broke a chair doing that last year, if I can recall correctly," the teacher idly chimed. He wrote his name on the board. "Good afternoon to everyone but Logan and anyone in here that sleeps with a hentai anime pillow." He gave a pointed look to the weeb kids in the back right, where a few kids sheepishly smiled at him. "My official name is Mr. Hollister. But you can call me Dave."