nineteen!

:) thank u all sm for over 6k, it means so much <3

this double update is in honour of that :>

June blinked back tears. Being in the airport was so overwhelming. Holding onto Ranboo's hand as they navigated through security and found their gate was comforting, as well as knowing that he'd get to see Tubbo (and Tubbo's dad) when they landed.

"Just a little longer, and then we'll be on our way," Ranboo mumbled to him. There was a baby staring at him from its mother's arms as its family bustled past where they were sitting.

"I'm really nervous," June mumbled back, letting go of Ranboo's hand for a moment to wipe it on his pants.

"It'll be alright, I promise," Ranboo assured him, offering his pinkie.

June giggled, curling his own pinkie around Ranboo's. "You're dumb."

"You love it," Ranboo replied.

June smiled. "Whatever."

~

June lightly shook the boy sleeping on his shoulder awake, the nervous butterflies fluttering in his stomach again. "Boo, we're about to get off the plane."

Ranboo mumbled a little before sitting up, stretching as best as he could while sitting down, and ruffling his hair back into place.

They got off, and Ranboo texted Tubbo to inform him that they had landed.

They went over to baggage claim, and found their suitcases surprisingly easily.

June took Ranboo's hand again, not wanting to get lost anywhere. They spotted Tubbo waiting for them by one of the main exits on his phone, and June's anxiety flared up.

What if he doesn't like me in real life? What if I'm too awkward? Oh god, he's gonna think I'm weird. Fuck, do I look bad in this outfit? I should've accepted Ranboo's offer to wear one of his hoodies instead of one of my own.

Ranboo could tell June was getting too into his own head, and tugged on his arm a little to get his attention away from his intrusive thoughts.

"It'll be alright," he promised again.

June looked up to him, fear in his eyes. "Will it be?"

Ranboo smiled. "Of course. And if it isn't, we'll figure it out together. Now come on, Tubbo's waiting for us."

June followed alongside Ranboo as they pushed through a crowd of people, stopping a couple feet away from Tubbo.

Tubbo looked up from his phone, his flat expression changing immediately to excitement. "Oh my god, you're here!" he exclaimed. He smiled at June. "You're so pretty!"

June blushed wildly, not expecting the compliment. "Um, thanks, Tubbo."

Tubbo grinned, and glanced down at their intertwined hands. He started walking towards the door, so June and Ranboo followed him out to his dad's car. Tubbo offered Ranboo the front passenger seat, but he declined despite knowing he'd be a bit cramped, wanting to sit by June. June sat in the middle seat, exhausted from the long flight and happy that it was night time already so he could just sleep.

Ranboo obviously sat next to one of the doors, and June leaned so he could rest his head on Ranboo's shoulder. It only took a few minutes before he was sound asleep.

Ranboo put in one of his earbuds, shuffling one of his playlists as he watched out the window across the car from him. He turned a little in his seat so he could hold June a little better as he slept.

He made sure to text his mom, Dream, and June's mom to tell them that they'd landed and that June fell asleep in the car.

He watched his surrounds pass by, silently listening to his music as they drove.

He was getting a little sleepy again by the time Tubbo's dad pulled into the driveway of the Airbnb.

He sent them off with a smile and a wave- plus giving Tubbo a hug- and Tubbo lead a very sleepy June inside while Ranboo carried the luggage in.

Tubbo's stuff was already in his and Tommy's room, along with a gaming laptop and a webcam for any streaming they do.

Ranboo laid down on his bed, not bothering to change out of his sweat pants and hoodie. June kind of shuffled over to the bed he was in, and curled up with him, laying his head on Ranboo's chest.

Ranboo ran his fingers through June's hair like normal, and they both fell asleep again not long after.

~

"Guys, Tommy's gonna be here in half an hour!" Tubbo announced, opening the door to his friends' room.

Ranboo was awake already, just scrolling watching YouTube quietly as June slept on his chest. Ranboo turned his phone off, locking eyes with Tubbo.

"You look comfy," Tubbo teased.

Ranboo smiled, rolling his eyes. "Yeah, yeah, I'll wake him up."

Tubbo looked a little suspicious for a moment, but it Ranboo blinked and the look in his eyes was gone. Must have been a trick of the light. "I'll be in the living room." And off he went.

Ranboo gave June a few more moments. He looked so peaceful, especially compared to when he'd gotten anxious about seeing Tubbo for the first time.

Ranboo lightly shook June, which only resulted in the smaller boy to shift a little in his sleep.

"June, wake up," Ranboo said, voice crackly from sleeping.

June mumbled something, and Ranboo brushed June's hair behind his ear and out of his eyes.

"Tommy's gonna be here soon," Ranboo told him. "And I'll let you borrow one of my hoodies if you want."

He shook June a little bit again, and his eyes fluttered open.

"I'm so tired," June mumbled, closing his eyes again.

"I know you are," Ranboo told him. "But we gotta get up so we can be out there before Tommy shows up."

"What if.. I sleep in a little, and you say hi to Tommy, and then I can come out after?" June asked sleepily.

Ranboo smiled. "Unless Tubbo, Sapnap or Dream told him, he doesn't know you're here. So we can surprise him with you."

June nodded, and Ranboo coaxed him to get out of bed finally. June grabbed his clothes to go change in the bathroom, and on the way out, Ranboo tossed one of his hoodies to the smaller boy.

"Thanks," June said, closing the door behind him. He'd definitely need the covering. Being around Tommy was either going to be very hard or very easy, and June wasn't sure which one he should expect.