ten!

wow double digits already thats cool 
also this chapter is dedicated to 1-800-ASPEN because they said im their favourite boy and they are the loml now 😌

June was kind of stressing out about what to wear.

It was middle-aged parents and their teenaged kids.

What the hell was fitting for both?

He had to find something that parents would deem appropriate, but not something that he would be made fun of for.

So he called Tommy in his panic, FaceTiming him. This time on purpose. He had his phone tilted away from him, so he could switch it to the back camera when his call was answered.

"Hi!" Tommy greeted excitedly.

June flipped the camera so it was facing the ground by his feet, and smiled at Tommy's happy expression. "Hey. I need your help picking out an outfit for something my mom's making me go to. It's kind of like a family get together except it's not family, and it's the people my mom's in a school committee with and their highschooler kids."

Tommy laughed a little. "Um, okay. I think Wilbur would be better at this than me, but thanks for thinking of me, I guess."

June contemplated it. "Eh. You're probably right. But whatever. You're a teenager, so you'd know what people would and wouldn't think is weird, right?"

Tommy shrugged. "I guess so."

"Great." June opened his closet, showing Tommy it through his camera. "I know my mom wouldn't be very pleased if I wore a Hawaiian button-up like usual, but that's almost my entire closet, so I need your help picking one."

The two debated on quite a few, and eventually they both settled on one with yellow and light pink flowers and a navy blue background, with basic grey knee-length shorts.

"Thanks, Tom, I'll talk to you later. I'd rather not stay on call long enough that my mom shouts my name," June rushed, not waiting for a goodbye. He went downstairs to pull on his sneakers, and followed his mom out to their car. He hadn't realised he was biting his nails nervously until his mom pulled his hand away from him mouth.

"You're going to be fine, don't worry!" Sarah said cheerily, as if that would make his anxiety go away. She glanced over at his outfit. "I wish you would have chosen something else to wear, though." She sighed. "Whatever. I guess that's better than what you could have worn."

June rolled his eyes, looking out his window at the trees and houses passing by. From the route they were going, he guessed they were going to the high school, which made sense, because they were a high school PTA group.

Sure enough, Sarah pulled into the school parking lot, and guided June through the halls to the gymnasium, as if he wouldn't know where it was after going there for three years.

"Ta-da!" Sarah exclaimed as she pushed open the doors. It was already bustling with people, and groups of teenagers that got along were hanging around while the parents sat around a large table in the centre. June scanned the room, looking for people that may be appealing to start a conversation with and saw a very tall guy lurking in one of the corners. He was very obviously a student, but he was easily the tallest person in the room.

June saw his outfit, and glanced down at his own. Somehow the two strangers had managed to wear the same shirt and shorts.

"Mom, do you know who that kid is?" June asked, and Sarah followed his gaze.

Sarah laughed. "Oh, that's Maria's son! His name's Malcom! Seems you two are perfect for each other, go talk to him!"

June nodded, and his mother walked away. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves- it didn't, but at least he tried- and walked over.

"Um.. hey," June greeted.

"Hi," Malcom replied.

June tilted his head, Malcom's voice being very familiar.

"Are you-" they spoke at the same time. June smiled politely, face flushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry, you can go first," Malcom said, a sheepish smile spreading across his lips.

"Are you Ranboo?" June asked. Fear flickered through Malcom's eyes, but he nodded.

"Are you Dream's sister?"

June pursed his lips, deciding to just go with it. "Not his sister, but yes."

Ranboo seemed to understand. "Pronouns?"

June grinned. "Um, he/him, please. I'm not out to anyone but Clay yet, so please don't say anything."

Ranboo smiled. "Of course." He bit his lip for a moment. "Wait, what name should I call you?"

June hesitated. "June. If you call me Sophie, I will attack you."

Ranboo nodded, amused by the threat. "What if anyone asks?"

Juen shrugged. "Say you know me as June online, and that it would be weird to call me Sophie. My parents know I go by June on Clay and Tommy's streams, and it was an old nickname from a friend, so it's not random, and they'll recognise it."

Ranboo hummed. He saw his mom wave him over to their table, so he gave her a thumbsup.

"My mom wants me over there, so if you're not ready to be asked if you're my girlfriend or interested in being my girlfriend, I suggest you stay here, and I'll come back," Ranboo said, looking almost shameful as he thought about the last times he'd befriended someone that presented as female, or was female.

June nodded. "I don't think I want anyone else talking to me, so I think I'd rather the girlfriend talk than a stranger," June said, half joking. Ranboo cracked a smile, and slowed his walking pace a tad so June could keep up easily as they went.

Ranboo's mom- who introduced herself as Maria, and June didn't mention he already knew her name- was a very bubbly person.

June could definitely see how his mom got along with her, but just being in her vacinity made June want to fall asleep on his feet. It was exhausting June for his brain worrying constantly in the background of everything else, and while it was a huge relief that he'd found a familiar.. er, voice, he supposed, it would still be hard to manage.

At least he would have a great story to tell Tommy and Clay.